Once you press submit, the first step of the application process has been completed and your application will go to our Outreach Case Manager, Melissa Paneto. If the contact information that you provided changes, please give us a call at 812-339-9771 so we can update your application.
1. Applicant fills out Stepping Stones online intake form, or calls Stepping Stones to initiate the application process.
2. Outreach Case Manager calls Applicant within three days to discuss eligibility and set up an interview. Applicant may be asked to provide psychological, medical, and educational records.
3. If eligible, applicant is interviewed at Stepping Stones by Outreach Case Manager, and completes an Application and Consent for Authorization form. If Applicant is a minor, the legal guardian must sign the Consent form.
4. Application is reviewed and information/references verified.
5. Applicant is notified of admission/waitlist status within one week after the interview.
6. After the interview and notification of admission/waitlist status, it is the responsibility of the Applicant to keep their name on the waitlist by calling Stepping Stones once per week to inform Stepping Stones that the Applicant is still pursuing acceptance into the program.
7. When a spot in the program opens up, Applicant and Outreach Case Manager set move-in date.