The Diversity Job Fair Student Task Force is a student run leadership organization that is intimately involved in the success of the Annual Diversity Job Fair (DJF).
Participation in the Student Task Force provides you with experience collaborating with a team of diverse students from across campus to create and implement recruitment and advertising strategies for the 2014 DFJ held on February 3, 2014. This opportunity allows you to gain experience working in a team, collaborating with other UT students, creating recruitment strategies, event management, and communication skills.
The DJF is designed for students from a variety of backgrounds, such as students with disabilities, veterans, the LGBT community and individuals from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds. However the DJF does not exclude anyone. You define your own diversity. Now in its 6th year, the DJF has become a valued tradition at the University of Tennessee!
Students who are accepted to serve on the Student Task Force can expect the following:
- A bi-weekly meeting with the Student Task Force
- Assist in the promotion of the Diversity Job Fair through traditional and social media
- Twitter, Facebook, Blogs
- Flyers, Handcards, Sandwich Boards
- YouTube, Flickr, Tumblr
- Conduct 5-10 minute presentations about the Diversity Job Fair to student groups
- Organizations participating will be entered into a cash drawing
- Enhance your public speaking skills
- Serve on a Street Team on the day of the Diversity Job Fair
- Encourage participation in the Diversity Job Fair
- Be recognized in front of potential employers during the award luncheon
- Represent the Diversity Job Fair with pride and dignity, upholding our awesome tagline:
- "Different Backgrounds, Same Opportunities"
The Student Task Force expects to have its first meeting shortly after fall break, during the week of October 21st, 2013.
The deadline to apply is October 11th at 11:59pm.
Please click the button below to begin the application!!