Please include the following materials in your application. Entries may be in Spanish or English. (If you want samples returned, send a self-addressed large envelope with sufficient postage.)
NO FAXED MATERIALS ACCEPTED. DO NOT SEND MATERIALS SEPARATELY (EXCEPT REFERENCE LETTERS and OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
1. Completed application form.
2. Autobiographical essay (300 to 500 words) explaining your family background, including any hardships you’ve experienced, why you want to be a journalist and what you believe is the role, if any, of Latino journalists in the mainstream news media.
3. Two current reference letters, including at least one from a faculty member (no family members), that speak to the applicant’s journalism abilities.
4. Current official transcripts.
5. Resume, include any school or professional work and internships
6. Samples of your work. Work samples generally include articles and/or photographs published in school or community newspapers, or stories broadcast on campus or cable TV or radio stations. Print samples should not exceed five clips of published work, and must be photocopied, reduced or mounted to fit 8-1/2" x 11" dimensions. Video and Radio samples may contain more than one story, but total time may not exceed 10 minutes. Photography/Graphics samples should not exceed five prints and not exceed 8" x 10." No slides accepted.
Submit completed application by May 2, 2016.
Reference letters and official transcripts can be sent to:
ASU Cronkite School of Journalism
725 Arizona Ave., Ste. 404
Santa Monica, CA 90401-1734
Phone: (424) 229-9482