Please include the following materials in your application. Entries may be in Spanish or English.
1. Completed application form.
2. Autobiographical essay (300 to 500 words) explaining your family background, including any hardships you’ve experienced, why you want to be a journalist and what you believe is the role, if any, of Latino journalists in the mainstream news media.
3. Two current reference letters, including at least one from a faculty member (no family members), that speak to the applicant’s journalism abilities.
4. Current official transcripts.
5. Resume, include any school or professional work and internships
6. Samples of your work. Work samples generally include articles and/or photographs published in school or community newspapers, or stories broadcast on campus or cable TV or radio stations. Print samples should not exceed two clips of published work. Video and Radio samples may contain more than one story, but total time may not exceed 5 minutes. Photography/Graphics samples should not exceed two prints.
Submissions Must Be Completed by June 30, 2018 (11:59pm pt)