We invite proposals for papers (30 min presentation, including 10 min Q&A) or panels (presentation for 90 min total, including 30 min Q&A) or poster presentations on any issue relating to CLAC, although the following topics are of particular interest:
● Inter-institutional CLAC collaborations
● Global Course Connections and CLAC
● Experiential learning and CLAC
● The role of CLAC in the Community College
● CLAC and Critical Thinking
● CLAC and Pathway Programs
● Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) and CLAC
● Promoting CLAC to stakeholders
● Cross-disciplinary teaching styles and pedagogical approaches
● Interconnections with Study Abroad, Service Learning, International Students
● Community Connections
● Experiential and Community Engagement
● Professional development opportunities for CLAC practitioners (mentor relationships)
Proposals must be submitted online. All proposals must include:
1. Type: Presentation (30 minutes, including 10 minutes for open discussion), Panel (90 minutes, including at least two separate papers and at least 30 minutes for questions and comments from the audience), or Poster
2. Title (of your paper, panel, or poster)
3. Brief Description (up to 75 words for paper, up to 200 words for panel, up to 100 words for poster)
4. Relationship to Conference Themes (how your proposal relates to the conference themes, up to 50 words per paper or poster)
5. Target Audience(s) (including what the audience(s) can expect to "take away" from your presentation, up to 50 words per paper or poster)
6. An abstract of your paper (up to 200 words), panel (up to 850 words) or poster (up to 250 words), clearly indicating what each presenter, if more than one, will contribute
7. A list of technical needs. Note: Conference organizers will provide a data projector and screen for all presentations. Presenters are asked to bring their own laptop computers.
8. Names of Presenter(s) (including, as appropriate, specification of their roles, contact information for each; titles and affiliations, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers)
9. Brief biographical sketch (50-75 words) for each participant
Note: The conference organizers welcome and encourage proposals for posters and for creative presentations that do not take the form of a traditional paper or panel. This might include videos, examples of CLAC assignments and exercises, or testimonials from student and faculty CLAC participants. Prospective presenters are particularly encouraged to consider a poster format because of the opportunity they provide for extended discussion and networking. For proposals of this variety, please submit the same information listed above.
Deadline for Proposal Submissions: January 15, 2015
After completing the form located below, click the submit button. Thank you in advance for your participation!
If you have any questions please contact Dr. Gabriele Dillmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.