***Terms of Adoption/Foster
Please note - Final signage of this page is your contract and will be hand signed for file at the point of adoption.
Please note that the language included in the contract is specific.
We have had many great homes and we believe yours is one.
Others who have failed to be good home is why this language unfortunately is necessary.
1) To keep this animal in my personal possession and provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter, grooming, tooth and gum care, and humane treatment at all times.
2) To procure veterinary care at once if this animal becomes sick or injured, and to keep current all vaccinations as recommended by law and my veterinarian.
3) To have the pet spayed or neutered within two weeks of adoption, with proof to LPR when applicable.
4) To install and activate a microchip within two weeks of adoption, with proof to LPR.
5) To obey any and all animal control regulations governing the area in which I live, and to license this dog(s) according to such regulations within two weeks of adoption (i.e. rabies tag, pet license).
6) To never sell, trade ownership, abandon, or dispose of this animal in any way, but to notify Lucky Paws Rescue if I must relinquish custody and why. This includes release to family members. I will work with LPR, knowing it is not a shelter, by holding the animal until a suitable home or foster is found, with the understanding they are working on it quickly. I understand taking the animal to a shelter is a legal breach of this contract, and can result in legal action as well as being added to the national Do Not Adopt registry.
7) To allow Lucky Paw Rescue to examine the animal and its living conditions and to surrender it to said person for return if the conditions are found unsatisfactory.
8) To assume full responsibility for this animals actions, including any damage done by this animal.
9) To immediately pay the adoption fee unless prior arrangements have been made. Failure to do so means the animal belongs to LPR and can be relinquished at any time. I also understand failure to pay means I will be added to the national Do Not Adopt registry.
I understand the temperament; health, habits and physical condition can’t be guaranteed.
I am in full agreement with these terms of adoption.
Lucky Paws Rescue is in no way liable or responsible for any damage, accident or injury resulting from the placement of an animal into my household.
Proof of all requirements outlined above will be sent to Lucky Paws Rescue at