ELIGIBILITY FOR ONF RETREATS:
- Veteran attendees must have completed one or more Post-9/11 tours of duty overseas.
- Veterans must have a disability rating of 20% or more issued by the Veterans Administration or branch of military. (Agency letter of proof required with this application).
- Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder must have participated in a treatment program through VA, ONF or other entity prior to attending an ONF outdoor retreat. (By applying you attest to have completed a PTSD treatment program and state which program you’ve completed).
ACTIVITIES AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Outdoor retreats require you to have the physical ability to move from place to place to participate in scheduled activities. Activities vary at each event. Examples in the past have included hiking in Yellowstone, mountain climbing, horseback riding, fly fishing, skijoring with horses, dog mushing, whitewater rafting, ice climbing and hots prings downtime. Hunts have been matched on occasion between veteran and outfitter. Such activities require you to be able to physically support yourself while participating in the retreat. Adaptive gear and assistance is available.
PRIORITY IN SELECTING PARTICIPANTS:
- Once ONF announces a retreat on their website priority will be given to those who have sought care and treatment for Post Traumatic Stress and other disabilities.
- From the list of applicants, a selected number of participants will be chosen based on application date, completion of treatment and having not attended a previous retreat.
CONDUCT ON RETREATS:
- ONF and its sponsors donate a great deal of time and resources in making retreats possible at minimal to no expense to those attending. If selected to attend a retreat you will be required to abstain from drinking alcohol or using drugs at any time during the retreat. As a participant you are a representative of your military branch of service, ONF and your family.
- Failure to abide by this guideline will make you ineligible to participate in activities or attend future events.
Your information will be held confidential and will not be shared outside of Operation Never Forgotten.
ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS:
More than one caregiver or family member will not paid by ONF. Capacity is limited.
DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE "SUBMIT" BUTTON AT THE END.