In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Alabama Sports Festival athletic/sports program and related events and activities, the undersigned:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, FULLY UNDERSTAND that the participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk or serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions, or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. ASSUME all the foregoing risks, known and unknown, and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
3. RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Alabama Sports Festival, Inc., host of the Alabama Sports Festival, the National Congress of State Games, its affiliated clubs, any affiliated subsidiary, the promoters, other participants, operators, officials, volunteers, trainers, any persons in a restricted area, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event and each of them, their officers, representatives, employees and volunteers, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "releasees", from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs, executors, administrators, successors, assigns and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
4. AUTHORIZE, in the event that the participant sustains injury or illness while competing/participating in the Alabama Sports Festival, any emergency first aid, medication, medical treatment or surgery deemed necessary by licensed medical personnel, and give permission for attending medical personnel to execute on behalf of the Participant permission forms or other necessary medical documents and to act on his or her behalf if he or she is not immediately available to do so.
5. CONSENT to allow the Participant’s picture and/or likeness or voice to appear in any official documentary, promotional (including any and all advertisements) television, radio or film coverage of the Alabama Sports Festival and the National Congress of State Games and its members in any manner incidental to his or her participation in the Alabama Sports Festival, without compensation.
Hold Harmless Waiver
It is my intent as a volunteer for the ASF Foundation/Alabama State Games sanctioned activities, while participating during activities including any pre-game or post-game activities in Dothan, Enterprise, Ozark, Daleville, or Fort Rucker, AL, that I am agreeable to the following:
I acknowledge that I am aware that there are risks to me of exposure to directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by, or resulting from:
· An outbreak of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to, the virus “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)”, which is responsible for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof;
In consideration of having the opportunity to participate as volunteer at location, and in acknowledging that I am aware of and willing to assume the risks associated with this activity, I hereby voluntarily agree to waive, hold harmless and indemnify ASF Foundation/Alabama State Games and its trustees, agents, volunteers and employees from any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action of any nature whatsoever arising out of ordinary negligence which I, my heirs, my assigns or successors may have against them for, on account of, or by reason of my participation in the above activities. I indicate my agreement to this hold harmless elective noted below.
ALL OF THE UNDERSIGNED HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AUTHORIZATION OF MEDICAL TREATMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE SIGNED IT VOLUNTARILY. THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT BE MODIFIED ORALLY BY ANY PARTY.