4 Hour Firearm Fundamentals Class $99.00
This class is designed for beginning gun owners or those wishing to learn semi-automatic pistols. The goal of the course is to teach the basic knowledge, skill, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Please note: this classroom work and live fire do NOT apply toward the Illinois 16 hour CCL training requirement. If obtaining your Illinois CCL is your goal, please see the Day1/Day 2 class schedule.
1. General rules of gun safety.
2. Semi-Automatic Pistol Components.
3. Ammunition fundamentals.
4. Learning to fire the first shots.
5. The two- and one-handed grip positions.
6. Live Fire at Gun Range
Course length is 4 hours including range time, but may vary with size of class and student abilities.
Students must be 21 years old (or 18 years with parent in attendance), have an open mind and a positive attitude, and be ready to learn.
Bring to class:
1. Your own handgun if desired. You may use a loaner gun from LWS if you prefer. If you bring your own gun, bring 50 rounds of factory new (not reloaded) ammunition.
2. Eye and Ear protection if you have it. The Range can provide this at nominal cost if necessary.
3. Payment receipt for this course.
There is a short written test at the completion of the classroom work. A certificate will be given to students passing the course.
All students must sign in at the Law Weapons Store, 801 E. Ogden, Naperville, before proceeding to the classroom at 710 E. Ogden, Naperville.