Connecting Math Concepts Fidelity Observation Form
TEACHER"S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with someone trained in this program?
DATE OF OBSERVATION :
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
1. Materials are organized and readily available.
2. Teacher can see all students; students can see teacher.
3. Lesson begins within 2-3 minutes of designated time.
4. Rules for group are posted, reviewed & referred to.
5. Teacher provides positive reinforcement/specific praise.
6. Teacher reinforces rules in a non-confrontational fashion.
7. All students are on-task; off-task behavior is addressed.
8. Teacher delivers instruction according to script.
9. Teacher delivers instruction with conversation pace.
10. Teacher transitions between exercises quickly.
11. Board displays are visible to all students.
12. Teacher provides clear signals (audible for wkbk/txbk).
13. Teacher provides clear signals (visual for oral exercises).
14. Group responses are accurate (over 80%) and confident.
15. Teacher looks at students when they respond.
16. Teacher provides individual turns once group response is firm.
17. Teacher corrects all errors properly.
18. Teacher provides the correct answer following an error.
19. Teacher has students repeat the exercise at the end of the correction.
20. Teacher provides individual turns in random order to check for mastery.
21. Teacher correctly asks group vs. individual questions.
22. Teacher ensures understanding of all directions.
23. Teacher monitors independent work during exercises.
24. Workbooks are checked in an organized way.
25. Incorrect responses are corrected..
26. Lessons taught are recorded for Daily Lesson Progress.
27. Student responses on Mastery Tests are entered into system.
28. When required, teacher has re-taught and re-tested students who did not meet program criteria.
29. Teacher is averaging 4-5 lessons completed per week.
30. At least 80% of students within groups are at mastery.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLANK RATINGS:
Should be Empty: