1.The tournament host must have a list of event volunteers and staff that includes their USAH member registration number, name, email, and expected role in the event.
2. Any team members (coaches, players, and managers) who are required to complete SafeSport Training and/or a Background Screen will only be allowed on a roster if they have completed all requirements. Tournament officials may only accept approved official USA Hockey rosters to confirm compliance with Safe Sport requirements.
3. Officials/referees who are required to complete a SafeSport Training and/or a Background Screen will not receive their registration card and crest for their jersey without completing all certification requirements. Tournaments may not use officials/referees who have not completed applicable certification requirements for that season.
4. Tournament volunteers/staff who will have regular contact with or authority over Minor Athletes must have completed applicable SafeSport Training and a Background Screen (instructions below). The event should have a credentialing system for all volunteers/staff, ensuring that only volunteers/staff that have completed SafeSport Training and have an approved USA Hockey Background Screen will receive a credential.
• If security is hired through a vendor or arena security personnel are used, they
do not need SafeSport Training. However, if security is comprised of the
All events will abide by USA Hockey and NY State Hockey rules and regulations. Please refer to USAH Rules on "Games, Exhibition Games, Invitational Tournaments and Sanctioned Events," By checking the "I agree" box and submitting this application you agree to abide by and follow all the rules. Furthermore you certify that you will not host a non-sanctioned event and/or non-sanctioned divisions concurrently with this event and that you have read or will read the terms for sanctioning and agree to abide by USA Hockey Rules and Regulations and any applicable Affiliate/District rules including those on 8 and under play in the NY District.
All non‐USA Hockey members or tournament promoter/organizer/host it is important to note the following:
· USA Hockey Aapproved rosters are mandatory for each team that particpates. Only those players and staff listed and approved are allowed to particpate. suspended players must be clearly noted on the scoresheet.
tournament chairs, coaches, managers, other teams DO NOT HAVE authority to allow anyone to participate (coach, staff, players) that are not properly approved and rostered.
· Sanctioning of a tournament does not provide insurance for your negligence as promoter/organizer.
· USA Hockey’s insurance covers only USA Hockey and it’s member clubs and associations.
· The promoter/organizer is required to provide proof of liability insurance evidencing $2,000,000/occurrence and $4,000,000/aggregate prior to a sanction being issued.
The Invitational Tournament Application will not be accepted without all rules and procedures of the tournament and an appropriate certificate of insurance from non‐USA Hockey members.