POSITION TITLE: Truck Decaler
The ideal candidate for this position is someone with experience installing vinyl graphics and lettering. Working knowledge of CorelDraw, Microsoft office preferred. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main aspect of this position is to prepare and install safety labels, graphics, and lettering on all GapVax trucks and equipment. Decals range in size from a quarter inch to fifteen feet long or larger. This person will be responsible for maintaining a stock of standard safety labels and lettering. Prepping customer logo packages ahead of time and getting trucks and equipment decaled in a time efficient manner. At times, safety label packages will be ordered and shipped loose to customers. Every truck/skid that goes through the production line is photographed – photos of every decal on the unit as well as overall photos are recorded.
Skills Required: Work well with others, detail oriented, multi-task, and self-sufficient
Programs used include CorelDraw 5 and 6; Roland VersaWorks; Excel and Outlook
Equipment: Roland VersaCamm VS 540i Printer/cutter; Roland EGX-30 Engraver; Geo Knight Heat Press
Other responsibilities will include assisting the marketing coordinator with various tasks, such as assembling owner’s manuals, assisting with tradeshow prep, etc.
Must wear steel-toed boots, safety glasses, earplugs and when necessary a safety harness. Cannot be afraid of heights and must be able to climb on top of the trucks and scaffolding.
OTHER ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to interact in a positive manner with customers, vendors, and plant personnel.
2. Ability to learn the operation of all types of trucks and accessories
3. Physical abilities (*denotes essential physical ability requirement)
“R” Rarely (activity exists up to 10% of the time)
*“O” Occasional (activity exists 34 to 66% of the time)
*“F” Frequently (activity exists 34 to 66% of the time)
*“C” Constant (activity exists more than 66% of the time)
* Standing F * Balancing O
* Walking O * Stooping O
* Sitting F * Vision acuity near C
* Lifting up to 70 lbs O * Vision acuity far O
* Carrying up to 70 lbs O * Depth perception C
* Pushing up to 125 lbs O * Color vision C
* Pulling up to 125 lbs O * Reaching O
* Hearing conversations C * Manual Dexterity C
* Hearing other sounds C * Work at Heights O
1. Team oriented (works well with others)
2. Communicates well
3. Dedicated and loyal
5. Safety conscious. Follows safety & personal protective equipment policy
6. Respectful & trustworthy
7. Strong work ethic
8. Ability to follow directions
9. Thoroughly completes tasks, and projects as assigned/performed
10. Observe scheduled work hours, be willing to work overtime, and maintain appropriate attendance according to policy
11. Comply with drug & alcohol policies
1. Industrial/commercial manufacturing environment
2. May be exposed to mild levels of shop dust and weld smoke
• Maintain requirements of personnel file including participation in required safety training
• Accept and respond to constructive feedback and comply with directives from supervisor
• Review and accept terms and conditions as presented in the company handbook
• Maintain positive working relationships with all coworkers, visitors, and personnel
• Direct complaints or concerns to appropriate staff
• Incorporate safety policies and procedures into daily work practices
• Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor
The above list is not an all-inclusive list of job duties. Other duties maybe assigned.
The previous description generally describes duties and the responsibilities of this position. The employee’s immediate supervisor or other management personnel may assign additional duties to the employee as the operation of the facility dictates. This position description may not be modified by the Facility management at any time, with or without notice. Nothing in this description should be interpreted as limiting the management’s right to operate the facility. The facility reserves the right to change work hours, shift, and assignment as need. The initial assignment cannot be guaranteed to continue.