COVOAD Membership Application
(For Voluntary Organizations ONLY with State-Wide Scope)
Our organization (name of organization to be indicated on form below), hereinafter referred to as "We", would like to apply for Regular membership with Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (COVOAD).
1. We accept the purpose of COVOAD as set out in COVOAD By-Laws and mission statement.
2. We comply with the following conditions of Regular membership, which are outlined in COVOAD’s Membership Guidelines:
> Must be a voluntary organization
> Organization must have a disaster response program and policy for delivery of services to address the needs of people and communities affected by disasters, without discrimination
> Organization should be statewide in scope
> Organization must meet one of the following conditions:
a) Be a not-for-profit organization (under IRS Code 501 (c)(3), or
b) Have a formal agreement with another organization that has IRS 501 (c)(3) standing that will serve as a fiscal agent
3. We will participate in COVOAD’s annual conferences, meetings/sub-committees and will comply with other conditions and expectations of membership, as outlined in COVOAD Membership Guidelines.
4. We agree to work in coordination with COVOAD and appropriate government agencies when responding to an event. This would include adhering to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS).
5. We agree to submit annual dues of $50.00
6. Regular membership includes, but is not limited to voting rights
7. If requested, we will provide a copy of our organization's constitution or charter and by-laws, our IRS recognition as a 501(c)(3) organization, and written evidence of our commitment to utilize volunteers in providing services. We accept our responsibility to maintain and provide COVOAD with a copy of our 24 hour contact information with this application and periodically as requested thereafter. We agree to keep COVOAD advised of changes.
8. This application will be reviewed annually.