We are pleased to be able to facilitate bus transportation on Tuesday afternoons from the Colonial School District schools for an additional fee. Students will be transported by school bus from their schools to Congregation Or Ami on Tuesday afternoons. Parents will be responsible for arranging their child's transportation home at the end of the Religious School day.
Please understand that your child's ability to continue to ride the bus depends on his/her appropriate conduct. Misbehaving students will not be permitted to jeopardize the safety of the other students on the bus. This policy is in effect at all times.
The students are expected to:
1. Stay seated with their back against the seat any time the bus is moving
2. Speak in quiet voices and refrain from using inappropriate language
3. Keep all body parts and belongings inside the bus
4. Refrain from eating or drinking on the bus
5. Keep the aisle clear
6. Respect and follow directions from the driver
7. Cooperate with the bus driver in keeping the bus clean
8. Refrain from bringing animals, large objects or glass containers on the bus
These are the consequences if a student chooses to break the rules:
First offense: Student will be brought to the office by the driver and parents will be called. Parents may be asked to supervise their child's bus ride for two (2) weeks.
Second offense: Suspension of bus privileges for two (2) weeks.
Third offense: Suspension of bus privileges for the remainder of the school year. There will be no financial reimbursement for suspension of bus privileges.
Severe Infractions: Any student found in possession of or using alcohol, illegal drugs, cigarettes or dangerous objects or any student who is found stealing, vandalizing property or engaging in physical assaults against other students or staff members, will be recommended to the Religious School Committee for immediate removal from the bus and expulsion from school for one year.