1. The purpose of the project is educational.
2. The funding will be granted to an already existing project, under the sponsorship of at least one adult (18 years or older). The adult must be linked through an official volunteer or hired status with the organization submitting the application.
3. The project promotes community involvement in horticulture.
4. The project has realistic goals and objectives.
5. The funds granted will make a significant contribution to the achievement of the educational goals of the project.
6. The proposed expenditures are reasonable and appropriate.
7. The project will make a difference to the community it serves.
8. The project proposal will include a regular maintenance schedule under the responsibility of the organization- approved sponsor.
9. The project recipients agree to post and maintain acknowledgement of the source (attractive marker provided): Jane R. Parks Memorial Project/Master Gardeners of NorthAlabama.
10. The applicant (if awarded funds) agrees to provide funding and/or status reports, and photos, of the awarded project before, during and after the completion of the project, to MGNA’s Grant Committee Chair. The applicant also will allow MGNA visitors and media interviews (as requested) to ensure fidelity of the program. Failure to do any of this would forfeit your eligibility for future grant awards.