The nominator must be a student, resident or active member in good standing with the ACOFP. The nominator must submit the following for nominee:
• A completed and signed Nomination Form.
• A signed letter of recommendation, including examples of the nominee’s achievements.
• At least one additional letter of recommendation, from an individual other than the nominator, conveying major contributions made by the nominee.
• A current curriculum vitae.
• All information must be sent in one complete packet to the ACOFP.
Those nominated for the award will remain on the list of nominees as potential recipients for two years after the initial year of nomination.
The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians will recognize one individual for his or her accomplishments as "Joseph W. Stella, DO, FACOFP dist. Osteopathic Family Physician Educator of the Year Award" with a plaque during the ACOFP Annual Convention and Scientific Seminar.