Fidelity Observation Form
TEACHER"S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with someone trained in this program?
DATE OF OBSERVATION:
Date Picker Icon
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
Quality of Instruction-Organization
1. Intervention materials are close at hand.
2. Sufficient instructional and student materials are present.
3. The Three-Read Process is utilized to plan for instruction.
4. Small group instructional area is clearly identified.
Use of Curriculum Guide
5. Curriculum Guide is closely referenced during instruction.
6. Explicit language is used and instructional models are followed closely
7. Pace is brisk and business-like, yet personal.
8. Instruction is deliberate and intentional.
9. Skills are modeled correctly.
10. The steps of the correction procedures are followed to provide immediate feedback,redirect, and check for mastery.
11. Clear reading/math behaviors andexpectations are established.
12. Automaticity and fluency are reinforced as students respond.
13. Students respond chorally and individually
Amount of Instruction
14. Instruction delivered 4-5 days a week.
15. Instruction is delivered based on dailyminimums. (Passport and Vmath 30 mins/day., PRJ 50 mins/day.)
16. Current lesson is within five lessons of pacing calendar.
17. Other students in class are engaged in independent activities.
18. Interruptions are minimal.
Use of Assessments
19. Benchmark measures are administered accurately.
20. Placement Tests are administered todetermine appropriate lesson placement whenapplicable.-Adventure Placement Test – Passport-Word Study Placement Test – PRJ-Initial Assessment - Vmath
21.Progress Monitoring is administered regularly.
22.Assessments are administered as designed.
23. All assessment scores are entered online.
24. Classroom data is analyzed to informinstruction.
25. Assessment data used to determinedifferentiated instruction.
26. Small group instruction is used appropriately.
27. Progress Monitoring is used to guideinstruction.
28. Resources for re-teaching are used to intensifyinstruction for students that do not demonstrate mastery.
29. Curriculum Features are used as designed.
30.Online component used as designed.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
31.The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
32.The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
33.The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLANK RATINGS:
Should be Empty: