Recognizing the importance of discovering and promoting the careers of exceptionally talented, but unknown, young Armenian musicians from all over the world, the Armenian Prelacy of the Eastern United States launched the Musical Armenia Annual Concert Series in 1982. Since then, the program has remained true to its objective by encouraging young Armenian artists and presenting them in recital at the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall.
All young soloists and ensembles with at least 1 member of Armenian descent are invited to apply. Priority will be given to applicants currently living/stuïdying in the U.S. The application should be postmarked no later than Friday, September 30, 2017 and sent to:
The Armenian Prelacy Musical Armenia Committee
138 E. 39th Street
New York, NY 10016
Applicants that are not chosen for the 2018 Concert may be considered for subsequent concerts.Please ensure the following before returning your application:
• The application is completed and signed.
• The application is accompanied by 2 copies of your audition DVD (or CD*) and a recent photograph. Please label each audition DVD/CD with your name.
• The application DVD/CD contains at least 2 works by Armenian composers.
• The applicant is available to perform in concert on March 18, 2018.
• If an ensemble, each member of the group must fill out the form below.*Committee prefers audition DVD. You can also send us links to your website or online sources (YouTube, Vimeo etc.)