Criteria used to award endowed scholarships:
1. Applicants must be declared mass media majors enrolled in at least 12 credit hours during the spring semester and who will be taking at least 12 hours in the fall semester (full-time status). Students completing a Mass Media minor are not eligible.
2. To apply for endowed scholarships, a student must have a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.3 in the major. High school students also need a 3.0 overall GPA. (students who do not meet the GPA criteria may still apply for Mass Media scholarships).
3. Students may receive both endowed scholarships and GPA scholarships. The actual amount of GPA award will be determined by the Financial Aid Office.
4. All applicants must upload a current resume listing classes and extra-curricular activities.
6. All applicants must also upload a Scholarship Application Essay:
This essay is important for the scholarship committee to be able to learn more about you and your career goals and ultimately, helps us decide if you qualify for a mass media scholarship. Please answer all the essay prompts below carefully and thoughtfully.
Aim for 450 – 500 words total (12-point font and double-spaced, please) and remember that correct spelling and grammar are important to a polished essay.
1. Tell us a bit about your professional career path so far. You may discuss how you decided to study mass media in college (or high school), what concentration you chose and why, and what activities you’ve been involved with in college (or high school) that have helped you start your career. What challenges have you had to overcome so far and what inspired you to keep going down this career path?
2. What do you see yourself doing after graduation? Please discuss the job you want and how you want to impact your community as a media practitioner.
3. How will this scholarship impact you personally as you work on your mass media degree? You may discuss what needs you have as you attend school or what you feel extra financial support can help you accomplish in the future.