1. Dobby, hereinafter referred to as The Dog, is being transferred to the undersigned adopting owner (hereinafter referred to as “Adopter”) from Cayleb’s Kindred Senior Dog Rescue (hereinafter referred to as “Cayleb’s Kindred”) with the understanding that Adopter is taking possession of The Dog to treat and to be responsible as their own dog.
2. Adopter agrees to pay a non-refundable adoption fee of $(Donation).
3. Adopter agrees to care for The Dog in a humane manner and be a responsible animal guardian. This includes, but is not limited to, supplying adequate food, water, shelter, attention, and regular medical care. Adopter agrees to provide veterinary care at their own expense, both on a regular basis (annual checkups, keeping updated on immunizations and heart worm preventative) and if the animal becomes ill or injured.
4. Adopter agrees that The Dog is to be a companion animal, not a guard dog or a bait dog, and not to be used for experimentation, research, or dog fighting. The Dog shall live inside the home, not outdoors, and shall not be isolated from the family. Adopter shall walk The Dog on a leash or exercise The Dog in a fenced area. Adopter shall not permit the animal to run at large or become a public nuisance. Adopter agrees to comply with all city, county, state, and federal laws regarding companion animals.
5. In the event The Dog becomes lost, Adopter shall make every reasonable effort to relocate and claim The Dog. Adopter agrees to retrieve The Dog immediately from any public impoundment facility or animal shelter where The Dog is being held. Adopter also agrees that The Dog shall wear a collar with a current ID tag listing The Dog’s name and current a phone number(s) and a valid address. Adopter agrees The Dog shall wear a tag identifying them as a Cayleb’s Kindred dog, which will be provided. Adopter agrees to contact Cayleb’s Kindred immediately if The Dog becomes lost.
6. Adopter understand that the microchip contact information will permanently remain in the name of CKSDR (or agent thereof), but will be secondarily registered to Adopter. Adopter agrees to keep the information up-to-date.
7. Adopter shall not have The Dog’s ears cropped, nor shall Adopter have The Dog’s tail docked. Adopter shall never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of The Dog.
8. Adopter understands and agrees that Cayleb’s Kindred makes no guarantees about The Dog’s temperament, breed, or age and is not responsible for future damages or injuries caused by The Dog.
9. Adopter understands and agrees that Cayleb’s Kindred does not guarantee The Dog’s health. Adopter wholly agrees that they shall care for any current and future health issues that may arise during The Dog’s life span. Adopter further agrees that Cayleb’s Kindred is not liable for any expenses related to the care of The Dog.
10. Adopter shall not relocate, sell, or give away The Dog from the above listed primary residence without the prior approval of Cayleb’s Kindred.
11. Adopter agrees that The Dog may only be relinquished to Cayleb’s Kindred. Should Adopter relinquish The Dog to a shelter, rescue or other facility, Adopter shall be responsible for all costs and fees incurred by Cayleb’s Kindred to retrieve The Dog. Should The Dog be euthanized or becomes otherwise irretrievable, Adopter shall agree to compensate Cayleb’s Kindred a sum of $1,000 (one-thousand dollars), payable immediately upon request by Cayleb’s Kindred.
12. Adopter shall notify Cayleb’s Kindred upon the death of The Dog.
13. Adopter shall inform Cayleb’s Kindred of any address and/or telephone change.
14. Adopter agrees to allow periodic follow-up telephone calls and physical inspections of The Dog’s residence and living conditions by a Cayleb’s Kindred representative to confirm continued compliance with all terms of this agreement.
15. Should Adopter violate the terms of this agreement, Adopter shall surrender The Dog to Cayleb’s Kindred without refund, payment or compensation from Cayleb’s Kindred. Under these conditions, Adopter shall be liable for the cost of any medical treatment necessary to correct conditions resulting from neglect or abuse by Adopter.
16. Adopter is aware of the following special considerations regarding The Dog: