CATEGORIES & APPLICATION FEES
For Profit Business - $200; Late Applications $400
Non Profit Business - $100; Late Applications $200
Individuals/Community Members - $50; Late Application $100
*Individuals or Community Members cannot represent any business or organization. This is for neighborhoods/family/friends who want to get together and design a float.
Floats containing no fuel power (Walk, Bike and Electric Vehicle) will be given a $50 discount.
NOTE: Political parties/candidates are NOT ALLOWED in the parade.
LATE FEE: Fees double after June 9th, 2017.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL JUNE 16TH.
CONSTRUCTION AND SAFETY
All entries must be constructed in a manner that ensures they are safe to operate and will not present a safety concern to other participants and spectators. The Parade Committee may remove an entry for safety considerations at any time including, but not limited to, during the staging of floats on Swede Alley prior to the start of the parade.
Only persons with valid driver’s licenses are permitted to operate or assist in the operation of motorized vehicles. All non-motorized entries (foot traffic, bikes, wagons, sleds, etc.) MUST be under control at all times and able to keep up with the pace of the parade. Weaving, swerving and irresponsible driving are strictly prohibited.
1. All motorized vehicles must have working brakes. Brake checks must be administered prior to the parade start.
2. NOTHING may be handed out or thrown from the floats. This includes, but is not limited to, candy, water balloons, flyers and the like.
3. Alcohol is strictly prohibited on all entries.
4. Squirt Guns are permitted in the parade. Water Cannons or Water balloons are not permitted. Please remind your float participants to be respectful of spectators.
5. The following are not allowed: pocket bikes, mini-motorcycles and motorized scooters.
6. Children MUST be supervised by an adult at all times.
7. If your float/entry includes animals, you must make arrangements to clean up all animal droppings as you proceed along the parade route. Droppings left on the road are a hazard for following floats/entries. Failure to do so will result in expulsion from this year’s parade and future parades.
8. At the end of the parade route, all entries must continue past the entrance to City Park to allow all participants to exit the parade route.
9. Each parade entry is responsible for designating a location for their participants to be picked up after the parade. Floats will be permitted to unload near the 7-11 parking lot (on Park Avenue). Organizations should know where family members are meeting outside of this area.
DIMENSIONS & DESCRIPTIONS
Dimensions and a description of your entry, including how it relates to the 4th of July Parade Spirit and Theme must be included with the application. Include your entry’s total combined length of all vehicles (including the appropriate spacing between vehicles) so we can allow the appropriate space for the pre-parade line-up of your entry on Swede Alley.
SIZE: Maximum height: 14 feet. Maximum width: 10 feet. Maximum length: 40 feet. These are maximum dimensions; your float may be smaller. Maximum number of vehicles per entry is three (3). (Exceptions to size and quantity restrictions may be possible with prior written approval from the Parade Committee.)
SIGNAGE: All entries other than those on foot must be identified (organization, individual, etc.) with at least two signs facing each side of the street and using large letters. The name on the sign must be the same as the name provided in Question #4 below. Walking entries may carry only one sign. Signs with your entry number will be provided as you enter Swede Alley for line-up.
ADVERTISING: Signs provided by a sponsor should be in good taste so as not to detract from your entry and are subject to approval by the Parade Committee.
The Parade Committee will notify all applicants of their acceptance status no later than June 21. The notice will indicate your entry status (accepted/denied), entry number, and the time you must report to the bottom of Swede Alley (Line–up times will range from 8:30 AM-10:45 AM.) If you have not received notification by June 22, contact PARADE COORDINATOR by emailing to JTSParade@gmail.com.
Once notified you are accepted you, you can make payments to Park City Municipal Corporation.