What You Can Expect
Fill in what you can of the order form, and a publishing consultant will respond within 1 business day to assist you with any additional information the designer might need and confirm billing and scheduling for your project. Once confirmed, payment of the invoice is expected no later than your start date.
After you review the first mock-up/proof (mock-ups are exterior design and proofs are interior design), the designer will process your revisions request and produce a new mock-up/proof. Review and revise steps will repeat until you are completely satisfied.*
- Your managing editor and publishing assistant will be available every step of the way.
- Time in between start date and first mock-up/proof, then between your revisions requests and next mock-up/proof can vary from 1-5 business days depending on complexity of the project and/or amount of revisions being made.
Final publishing files will be provided to you through a Dropbox shared folder because there are several documents for each version and some of them are just too large for email delivery.
- Your managing editor will set that up so you'll have no trouble downloading your publishing files. They will also provide support with deciphering which files are for which steps in the publishing process.
- Upon approval, publishing files are typically delivered within 1 business day.
If during the publishing steps, you encounter any issues related to the layout of the files, your designer will resolve the problem quickly. File acceptance is 100% guaranteed.** Our team is also available for cost effective updates/changes to publishing files if needed in the future.
* Unlimited revisions within reason. Changing your mind to the extent that it causes the designer rework will result in additional fees.
** 100% guaranteed file acceptance applies to the platform the file was created for, not across other platforms, in the case of print files, as each one has different requirements that make cross platform use impossible in most situations. Covers designer error and most platform requirement changes that would require adjustment of size or some other setting for eBook and print files. Does not cover author wanting to make changes after publishing file delivery for any versions.