1. Read the Writ of Garnishment and Instructions.
2. Complete the Answers to the Interrogatories Form.
3. Employers, you can visit our website at www.edwinparrylaw.com/Garnishments and fill out the Interrogatories online. This form will also assist you in making calculations and determining the amount to withhold.
4. Withhold from the defendant the property shown by your answers to be subject to the garnishment.
5. File and serve your Answers to the Interrogatories and other forms.
6. Withhold the property for 20 calendar days unless you are a government entity, in which case you are not required to hold the funds in escrow.
7. If you receive a Reply and Request for Hearing form, continue to hold the property until instructed by the court.
8. If you do not receive a Reply and Request for Hearing form, deliver the funds you are holding to Plaintiff's attorney.
9. You must attend any hearing for which you are subpoenaed. You may attend other hearings that are scheduled if you wish.
10. Prior to submitting your final answer to the Garnishment, contact Plaintiff's attorney for an updated balance that reflects post-judgment interest accrued.