PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Thank you for your interest in playing for SFV. Please realize this is NOT a recreational program and the focus on competition increases dramatically. The philosophy of this program is to give youth in the San Fernando Valley and surounding areas an opportunity to play water polo at an advanced level while preparing them to play at the High School, College, and National level.
By Signing Up Below I/We understand:
- Athletes and Parents are to treat coaches, other athletes and Parents with respect and conduct their behavior appropriatly at all games, practices, and team activities. Inturn we at SFV will do the same.
- There is a significant time commitment to your team and teammates.
- Parents are required to volunteer in some form at least once durring the season. Those who repeatedly deny requests for volunteers and do not meet the minimum volunteer requirement for the season will be denied membership to the team for the following season.
- This is NOT a recreational program and there is NO minimum playing time requirement.
- Most practices and games are mandatory. Missing practices and games will affect playing time.
- Water Polo comes after school work.
- Water Polo comes before any other sport (only exception is HS Swimming Championships during Spring or USA Swimming National events/qualifiers)
- Coaches may hold some practices on mornings before school, weekends (that are not already on schedule) and school holidays. While these practices are not mandatory, every effort should be made to attend in order to avoid falling behind the other players.
- I/We the parent(s) of a candidate for a position on the SFV water polo team, hereby give my/our son approval to his participation in any/all activities during the upcoming season.
- I/We assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation including transportation to and from activities, and I/We do herby waive, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the SFV Sea Dawgz organization, participants and persons transporting my/our child – except to the extent and in the amount covered by liability insurance.
- I/We understand Medical insurance will NOT be provided by SFV.
- I/We will furnish a certified birth certificate upon request.
Payment of all fees are due at the first day of season Practice.
DO NOT E-SIGN UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE STATEMENT.
By my eSignature below, I certify that I have read, fully understand and accept all terms of the foregoing statement. Please signify your acceptance by entering your full name in the boxes below
Informed Consent/General Release-Youth Water Polo Participants
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND SIGN BELOW TO INDICATE YOUR AGREEMENT. NOTE: THIS FORM INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY.
Since participation in youth sports activities can be dangerous, SFV requires that all participants (and their adult parent(s) or guardians) to assume all risks associated with youth water polo by signing this general release.
For and in consideration of my child being permitted to participate in SFV and USA Water Polo youth water polo activities, I hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish any and all claims or actions for damages for personal injury, permanent disability, death, or property damage which I or my child may have, or which may here after accrue to me or my child, as a result of my participation in youth water polo activities during play and while I am at the facility while others play or for any other reason. This release is intended to discharge, in advance, SFV, it’s officers, employees and agents, and the owners and maintainers of any facility used for baseball practice or activities, from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with my child’s participation
in water polo practice/camps/clinic activities, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of SFV, its officers, agents or employees, or the owners or maintainers of any facility used by SFV Sea Dawgz for water polo practice or activities.
I further understand that serious accidents occasionally occur during youth water polo activities, and that participants occasionally sustain serious personal injuries, death or property damage as a consequence thereof. Knowing the risks, I have voluntarily applied for my child to participate in the activity and thereby agree to assume those risks to release and hold harmless SFV, its officers, employees or agents, or the owners or maintainers of any facility used by the SFV for water polo practice or activities, who (through negligence or carelessness) might otherwise be liable to me or to my child (or my heirs or assigns) for damages.
I further understand and agree that this release, discharge, waiver, and assumption of risk is to be binding on my and my child’s heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns.
I further agree to indemnify and to hold harmless SFV, its officers, employees and agents, or the owners or maintainers of any facility used by the SFV for baseball practices or activities, for any loss, liability damage, cost or expense which may incur as a result of any injury or property damage I or my child may sustain while participating in the activity.
I agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation according to the SFV If I observe any significant change with regards to my child’s readiness for participation in the program, I will remove my child from the program immediately.
I have read this Informed Consent/General Release, fully understanding its terms, that I give up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it voluntarily.
By my eSignature below, I certify that I have read, fully understand and accept all terms of the foregoing statement. Please signify your acceptance by entering your full name in the box below