1) MISS CARBON COUNTY ROYALTY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
a. Participate in all REQUIRED parades: Helper Light Parade, Pleasant Valley Days, East Carbon Community Days, Wellington Pioneer Days, International Days, Spring Glen Community Days and St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Assist in decorating the Miss Carbon County Float.
b. REQUIRED to Attend and Assist with Memorial Day Services, Energy Days, International Days, Carbon County Fair Events (Royalty in charge of Baby Contest at the fair), Easter Egg Hunts, Demoliton Derby, & Helper Arts & Music Festival.
c. Be willing and available to participate in any county or city sponsored events that Carbon County, Price City, Helper City, Wellington City, Scofield City & East Carbon City may ask the Royalty to attend and assist with.
d. Assist with ALL Kiwanis yearly functions. Kids Day, Christmas Wrapping, Duck Race in Scofield & Radio Auction.
e. Help and participate in Miss Carbon County AND Little Miss Pageants and be a big sister and role model to Junior Miss, Little Miss and Mini Miss. Attend Miss Utah pageant if able.
2) It is understood that the only absences accepted from the above described duties will be sickness, death in the family, or other serious circumstances beyond the control of the title holder. If such a circumstance arises, the title holder must contact the Pageant Director to excuse her absence. Please understand failure to attend required events will result in a deduction of scholarship funds.
3) It is also understood that all members of the Royalty will uphold high standards in conduct and speech, both in public and on social media sites, if requested to do so. Each member will refrain from alcohol, tobacco, other drug use and any immoral behavior. Also avoiding participation in any activities where drug/alcohol use and any immoral behavior may occur. Royalty members may never have been married or become married during their year of reign. They also may never have been pregnant or become pregnant during their reign.
4) If for any reason the title holder should lose or give up her title, the first attendant will step up as queen. This will be at the discretion of the pageant committee and carbon county officials.
5) The Miss Carbon County Organization agrees to give Miss Carbon County and her Attendants their earned cash scholarship money at the end of their reign. This of course, is after she has fulfilled her duties and requirements. The money will be given in the form of a check written out to a College, University, or Tech School of her choice. The money may also be used for housing or other items that are school related. Checks may not be written out to her personally. If a Royalty member does not attend one of the above institutions during her reign, she will be qualified at a later date to receive her award in the same form. If the Miss Carbon County Organization feels that any member of the Royalty has not fulfilled her obligations, she will not receive her cash scholarship money.
6) The moment Miss Carbon County and her attendants are crowned, they are required to be good examples at all times. They become role models to those around them, and should act as such. Every action, good or bad, reflects on the entire Royalty, but most importantly, on Carbon County.
7) Once a contestant has won the title of Miss Carbon County, she is ineligible to compete for the title again.
8) Royalty members should create a good relationship and open communication with Carbon County. This makes them aware of upcoming events that they should be available to help and assist with. All events should be cleared with Pageant Director.
9) All Royalty members are required to wear their crowns and banners to all appropriate events and activities. They should also keep them in good repair.
10) Members of the Royalty should stay together as a Royalty at all events unless each is assigned to a specific duty. Friends and boyfriends are asked not to accompany any member of the Royalty during an event that would disrupt, distract, or not permit full attention to her duties.
11) The Miss Carbon County Royalty and their families are responsible for the parade float. This includes creating, repairing, cleaning, and preparing the float for all parades (the committee will be there to assist). They must also provide and/or find a truck to pull the float through required parades. It is important to arrive 30 min-1hr early to each parade to receive placement number and line up.
12) Miss Carbon County is responsible for informing her Attendants, Teen, Junior Miss, Little Miss & Mini Miss about all parades and events that they need to attend. Miss Carbon County should contact Julia Tatton 435-650-3726, the committee Parade coordinator, to make sure the royalty is registered for all parades.
13) Miss Carbon County will be required to participate in the Miss Utah competition in June of her reign and attend all Miss Utah meetings and functions. If they are able, it is encouraged that her attendants be present at the Miss Utah competition to support Miss Carbon County.
14) Following through with your platform is encouraged. Whenever possible, find ways to apply your platform and serve your community. This includes Carbon County as well as Schools within the County. Make yourself aware of community events and activities. Being a volunteer is a good way to represent Carbon County and the Miss Carbon County Organization.
15) If any member of the Royalty competes in another pageant system and wins that title before all the above duties are met she will relinquish her title, crown, sash and any scholarship awards she received through the Miss Carbon County Pageant.
16) Should any Royalty member not uphold this contract, the result will be a loss of title and crown. She will be asked to return her crown, sash, and any gifts she received from the county or pageant, and any scholarship money she was awarded through the Miss Carbon County Pageant.
THE MISS CARBON COUNTY ORGANIZATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND AND OR MODIFY THE FOREGOING RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
I (Contestant) have read and understood the 2018 Miss Carbon County Organization Local Rules & Responsibilities: