The Puyallup Kiwanis Foundation (PKF) is organized as a vehicle for charitable giving in eastern Pierce County with emphasis on the greater Puyallup Community.
The primary purposes of the PKF are to enhance the lives and educational opportunities of youth and to strengthen families.
The goals are achieved by providing grant support to organizations and agencies who offer programs to these groups.
Foundation Grant Request Guidlines
Puyallup Kiwanis Foundation - GRANT REQUEST GUIDELINES
If an organization/individual would like to request a grant from the Puyallup Kiwanis Foundation, they should put together a “Grant Request” which includes the following basic information:
1. Identity of the requesting entity (non‐profit corporation, school district, service club, etc.);
2. The purpose for the request and details on how the proposed grant will benefit the community (i.e. – educating youth, serving the aged and handicapped, preserving the environment, helping out families or students, etc.), and generally state what the fund request would be used for;
3. Specifically identify whether or not this is a specific project or whether this is an ongoing expenditure of the organization (i.e., a budgetary item);
4. Discuss other fundraising efforts being done by the organization/entity, including, if available, what other foundations, organizations, individuals, etc., have donated to the project and in what amounts. Also describe what in‐kind donations have been made or are expected, and at what dollar value, as well as the status of the fundraising effort (i.e., $100,000 goal with $63,500 raised);
5. Deadlines or time periods that are important (i.e., when the monies are needed, is a pledge sufficient or is a check needed and by when; would the grant be one that could be paid for over a period of months or years, etc.);
6. Provide a copy of the non‐profit organization/entity’s latest year‐end financial report, if available.
7. Finally, the total amount of the grant request.
These are “general guidelines” of the Puyallup Kiwanis Foundation. If your entity meets these “general guidelines” and is interested in pursuing a grant, please complete the detailed “Application for Grant” form and return to: Foundation President, c/o Puyallup Kiwanis Foundation, PO Box 451, Puyallup, WA 98371. The Foundation Board meets on the second Wednesday of the month. A grant request should be received at least two weeks in advance of the meeting, if not more, so it can be circulated as appropriate by the Foundation Secretary.