Additional Information about the Summer Reading Program
To encourage children to read for fun while learning something about God
* Books for Summer Reading must be checked out of the CAC Library.
Book Logs will be provided to record titles and will be tracked weekly
on a reading chart in the Library.
* Book Logs may be turned in to the Library each week in exchange
for one ticket to enter into a drawing for that week. Prizes will be
posted and drawn weekly.
* If you have a beginning reader, please feel free to use a combination
of Read-to-Me books and independent reading.
* If an older child reads to a younger child, the title may count on
both Book Log sheets.
* Books must be read between June 4th – August 13th.
* Book Logs must be signed by a parent/guardian.
* Book Logs will NOT be accepted after 12:30 pm on August 13th.
* Children are encouraged to read the Missionary and Heroes of the
Faith books. These books are identified in the Library with a green
sticker on the spine.
* A Summer Reading Party to congratulate participants will be held
in August – watch for details! Any child who reads at least 2
chapter books or 5 picture books will be invited to attend.