By signing below, I (Client) am agreeing to allow Courtney Peregrine to share images from my session on social media and for marketing purposes without compensation.
1. This agreement constitutes an order for wedding portraiture services, including the taking of wedding pictures as agreed to both parties: Courtney Jean Photography and contacting party (client). Unless otherwise specified, it is understood that any and all rights to proofs, final or sample prints, thereof shall remain property of Courtney Jean Photography and may be used for advertising, display or any other purpose thought proper by Courtney Jean Photography.
2. If photographer, Courtney Peregrine, cannot perform this agreement in whole or in part due to a fire, or other casualty, acts of God or nature or terror or other cause beyond the control of the parties due to further liability with respect to the this agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in mail, or other wise lost or damaged with fault on the part of photographer. Client(s) agree that an entire wedding cannot be replicated, reenacted or repeated for the purpose of a re-shoot and limits Courtney Jean Photography liability to the amount paid under this contract.
3. Cancellation, To receive a full refund minus retainer due to your own cancellation or date change, Courtney Jean Photography must be notified 60 days before the wedding day; if not, Courtney Jean Photography will keep everything that has been paid for up until that point. Courtney Jean Photography also has 60 days to refund the money upon receiving notification that the wedding date was cancelled.
4. Courtney Jean Photography reserves the right to substitute with another photographer should an emergency arise. The substitute photographer is chosen at the discretion of the Photographer and does not constitute a breach of this agreement. The Photographer warrants the substitute photographer to be of comparable quality and professionalism.
5. On signing of this agreement by both parties hereto, Courtney Jean Photography will reserve the time agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific time frame.
6. A $500.00 retainer is needed to secure your date and time of wedding. The retainer is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or date change.
7. It is understood Courtney and her hired photographer are the exclusive official photographers retained to perform the photographic services requested on this contract. No other photographer is allowed to take photos at the wedding or engagement session.
8. The amount agreed upon covers the photographer’s time, talent, proofing and editing. It also cannot be changed or altered by any means.
9. Social Media: The Client may share blog post links and Facebook albums through use of the share functions and dissemination of direct links. Client shall not copy, download, screen shot, or capture the photographs in any other fashion.
10. A down payment of $250.00 is due at time of engagement session if your package includes one. Once engagemanet session has been rendered the down payment is non-refundable in case of cancellation or date change of wedding. Remaining package balance is due thirty days before wedding date.
11. The charges in this contract are based on Courtney Jean Photography’s current pricing at the time of booking. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed. (Applies to print orders)
12. Courtney Jean Photography will choose the best images from engagement session for your proof gallery and for wedding day edits. Courtney Jean Photography does not show un-edited images from weddings, nor involve my clients in the process of choosing which images will be chosen for the final client gallery. Courtney Jean Photography spends a great deal of time going through each image individually. Please rest assured that I will only give you the BEST of the BEST and any images that is unappealing (i.e.: eyes closed, unflattering facial expressions and most definitely, any images that do not meet my high professional standards will get deleted immediately). RAW or un-edited images are never released to clients.
13. Travel and Overage Fees. The Client shall pay .50 per mile for travel 30 or more miles outside the Zipcode of 64078. If the wedding is located more than 2 hours from 64078 a $100 fee will be added for hotel accomidations.
14. The wedding images will be displayed in a password-protected online gallery within 6 to 8 weeks of your wedding day. After the online proofing gallery is delivered, it shall remain open for 120 days from delivery. If the Client requests to extend the time or reopen the online proofing gallery, a $20 un-archival fee shall apply.
15. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery of prints and 4-6 weeks for all custom products such as albums and canvases once order is placed.
16. Arbitration. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration, administered in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, administered by a licensed Arbitrator in the jurisdiction closest to the Photographer’s office and the arbitration award may be entered for judgment in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may refuse to arbitrate when the dispute is for a sum less than $200. In no event shall an award in an arbitration initiated under this clause exceed the contracted price of the controversy in dispute.
17. Indemnification. The Photographer shall be held harmless for any and all injury to client during the course of the photography session, wedding and the immediately surrounding events.
17. Miscellany. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of MO.
18. Attorney’s Fees. If either party to this Contract brings a legal action against the other party to this Contract to secure the specific performance of this Contract, collect damages for breach of this Contract, or otherwise enforce or interpret this Contract, the prevailing party shall recover reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs, premiums for bonds, fees, and other expenses expended or incurred in the action in addition to any other relief that may be awarded.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COPYRIGHT
It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs elsewhere without Courtney Jean Photography’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. All photographs, both on Courtney Jean photography’s website, blog or Facebook page, including all potential proofs and purchased prints, are copyrighted; reproduction of any image by any means, including copying, re-printing, screen captures, and other means of print reproduction are strictly prohibited and are a violation of copyright law. Additionally, it is ILLEGAL to post any of Courtney Jean Photography’s work on the Internet, blogs and social networking sites, without the express permission of the photographer.
Please be aware of your Photographer's style and aesthetic before booking. A complete portfolio demonstrating this stlye and aesthetic can be viewed here http://courtneyjeanphoto.com/p325148759, if you have not reviewed them already.
By signing below, Client agrees to the terms listed above: