1. (THE DOG), hereinafter referred to as “The Dog”, is being transferred to the undersigned foster (hereinafter referred to as “Foster”) from Cayleb’s Kindred Senior Dog Rescue (hereinafter referred to as “Cayleb’s Kindred”) with the understanding that Foster will care for The Dog until this agreement is terminated.
2. Foster agrees to care for The Dog in a humane manner and be a responsible animal guardian. This includes, but is not limited to, supplying adequate food, water, shelter and attention.
3. Foster understands and agrees that Cayleb’s Kindred does no guarantee The Dog’s health. Cayleb’s Kindred will coordinate any and all veterinary care and Foster agrees to take The Dog to veterinary appointments and to provide The Dog with any medication as prescribed by the veterinarian or as indicated by Cayleb’s Kindred.
4. Foster agrees that The Dog is to be a companion animal, not a guard dog or a bait dog, and not to be used for experimentation, research, or dog fighting. The dog shall live inside the home, not outdoors, and shall not be isolated from the family. Foster shall walk The Dog on a leash or exercise The Dog in a fenced area. Foster shall not permit the animal to run at large or become a public nuisance. Foster agrees to comply with all city, county, state, and federal laws regarding companion animals.
5. In the event The Dog becomes lost, Foster agrees to notify Cayleb’s Kindred immediately. Foster shall make every reasonable effort to locate and to retrieve The Dog from any private or public impoundment facility or animal shelter where The Dog might be held. Foster also agrees that The Dog shall wear a collar with a current ID tag listing The Dog’s name and Cayleb’s Kindred’s current a phone number(s).
6. Foster shall not have The Dog’s ears cropped, nor shall Foster have The Dog’s tail docked. Foster shall never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of The Dog.
7. Foster understands and agrees that Cayleb’s Kindred makes no guarantees about The Dog’s temperament, breed, or age and is not responsible for damages or injuries caused by The Dog.
8. Foster shall not relocate, breed, sell, or give away The Dog from the primary residence listed in this agreement without the prior approval of Cayleb’s Kindred.
9. Foster agrees that The Dog may only be relinquished to Cayleb’s Kindred. Should Foster relinquish The Dog to a shelter, rescue or other facility, Foster shall be responsible for all costs and fees incurred by Cayleb’s Kindred to retrieve The Dog. Should The Dog be euthanized or becomes otherwise irretrievable, Foster shall agree to compensate Cayleb’s Kindred a sum of $500 (five hundred dollars), payable immediately upon request by Cayleb’s Kindred.
10. Foster shall notify Cayleb’s Kindred upon the death of The Dog.
11. Foster shall inform Cayleb’s Kindred of any address and/or telephone change.
12. Foster agrees to allow periodic follow-up telephone calls and physical inspections of The Dog’s residence and living conditions by a Cayleb’s Kindred representative to confirm continued compliance with all terms of this agreement.
13. Should Foster violate the terms of this agreement, Foster shall surrender The Dog to Cayleb’s Kindred without refund, payment or compensation from Cayleb’s Kindred. Under these conditions, Foster shall be liable for the cost of any medical treatment necessary to correct conditions resulting from neglect or abuse by Foster.
14. Foster is aware of the following special considerations regarding this dog: