I understand that Southern Methodist College is a Christian community devoted to academic study and spiritual nurture and that I am a part of the community. As a member of this Christian community, I represent the Lord Jesus Christ and Southern Methodist College; therefore, I pledge myself to the following commitments:
1. To submit to the authority of the Scriptures in matters of faith and conduct and to the control of the Holy Spirit in my life.
2. To abide by the Code of Conduct both in letter and in spirit. The Code of Conduct is to guide my behavior both on and off campus.
3. To abide by the policies and procedures within the Student Handbook. While I may not appreciate or understand every policy or regulation of Southern Methodist College, I will honorably adhere to them and respectfully cooperate with those who are in authority.
4. To strive for excellence in all that I do.
5. To refrain from behavior that may cause another person to sin or stumble.
I will do all in my power to encourage other students to keep all the rules of the institution. I understand that failure to cooperate in maintaining the Code of Conduct or this pledge will lead to counsel, appropriate disciplinary action, and possible dismissal.