Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organizations
· Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
1. At least 70% of the members of the group or organization must consist of residents of Lakewood Ranch I (Districts 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6).
2. The group or organization must be strictly not-for-profit.
3. The group or organization must have a chairperson who is a Lakewood Ranch I resident.
4. Membership in the group or organization must be open to all residents of Lakewood Ranch I.
5. Groups that meet on a regular basis throughout the year, can book their reservations for an entire year.
Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organizations may schedule one meeting per week, in one or more Salons or the Board Room. Any additional meetings are subject to availability at the sole discretion of the IDA Executive Director or his or her appointee.
Groups that meet regularly and do not use kitchen or serve food
Groups that meet regularly with food and/or use of kitchen
A one-time $100.00 cleaning/damage deposit required and retained as long as group uses the Town Hall facility
In the event of a meeting cancellation, please notify Town Hall at (941) 907-0202. Please provide cancellation notice a minimum of 72 hours prior to the meeting; a one week notice would be preferred. The cancellation fee is based on the cost of providing room set-up and after-hours security.
· A warning will be issued for the first failure to notify Town Hall of a cancellation within 72 hours.
· Failure to notify Town Hall of two (2) cancellations will result in a non-notification fee of $50.00, to be paid prior to future use of meeting space.
· Failure to notify Town Hall of three (3) cancellations will result in a non-notification fee of $50.00, to be paid prior to future use of meeting space, and loss of privileges for three (3) consecutive months.
1. A $35.00 per hour On Call Fee will be charged if staff is required to go to Town Hall outside of normal operating hours to address an issue created by the user of the facility.
2. Set Up and Breakdown Fee (tables and chairs set up and taken down by staff) $35.00 per Salon, applicable only to non-club events.
3. See Equipment List & Fee Structure for a list of additional fees, including Audio-Visual Set Up and Breakdown Fee.
· Reservation Hours are 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
· Reservations for weekdays may not be made beyond the current calendar year.
· Reservations for weekends may be made up to twelve (12) months in advance.
· Groups that meet on a regular basis can book for the entire year.
All groups are responsible for any damage to the facilities or to the equipment during use of the facilities and assume the following responsibilities:
· The facility should be left in the same condition as when first used.
· All participants are limited to areas of the facility that they have reserved. Tables or obstacles must not be placed in the hallways or lobby area per current Fire Codes.
· Please be sure to clean the salons, board room and kitchen when you are finished. All tables and chairs need to be placed in their original location. Tabletops are to be wiped down.
· Kitchen use: The kitchen was designed to be a WARMING KITCHEN ONLY. The electrical source is not adequate to allow cooking. The use of cookers is strictly prohibited in this facility.
· The kitchen should be left tidy and all trash removed. Trash bags are located under the sink and a trash bin is located outside the kitchen door on the side of the building. A dumpster is located in the parking lot.
· All garbage must be disposed of in trash bags. No garbage is to be thrown in receptacles without being in a bag. Vacuuming and/or mopping of the kitchen floor is required. The vacuum and other supplies can be found in the Library closet for your use.
· The coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, coffee urns, caddies and water pitchers may be used, but must be cleaned and/or wiped down before you leave. Countertops must be wiped down.
· All doors to the outside must be kept closed.
· All room lights and AV equipment should be turned off. The lobby lights should be left on.
· Alcohol is only permitted for events where a special liability insurance policy is in effect for the event and on file at Town Hall. Otherwise alcohol is strictly prohibited on the premises. A copy of liability insurance, naming CDD2 as “Additional Insured” in the amount of no less than $1 million, must be provided to Town Hall at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event.
· All reservations must have a primary contact. Please do not arrive more than five (5) minutes before the start of your scheduled time slot. Reservation hours are 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
· SMOKING IS PROHIBITED INSIDE TOWN HALL AND OUTSIDE THE FRONT AND SIDE ENTRANCES TO TOWN HALL.
· IDA reserves the right to substitute reserved salons as necessary.
Lakewood Ranch Town Hall should be a safe and clean facility for the community to use. Any group conducting illegal activity in the facilities, or which is determined by the IDA staff or security service, to be unreasonably loud or disruptive, will be required to immediately exit the facilities. Repeated failure to abide by the rules may result in being suspended or permanently prohibited from using the facilities in the future.
Thank you for helping us to care for your Town Hall facilities.
I have authority to sign on behalf of the foregoing person or group and I have read and understand the Town Hall Reservation, Rules & Usage Policy. By agreeing to the foregoing, the person or group agrees to abide by all its terms.
PLEASE NOTE: Even if there are no changes for 2018, you still need to submit a registration. LWRCAC and Town Hall staff will work together to confirm meeting times to the best of our ability.