MARIE WISEMAN OUTSTANDING OSTEOPATHIC STUDENT AWARD - $5,000
* This award, in Memory of Marie Wiseman, recognizes an osteopathic medical student who demonstrates strong philianthropic and community service. This annual award provides one osteopathic medical student with $5,000 to help defray medical school and/or personal expenses, and affirms the recipient’s activities and outstanding community service within the osteopathic family medical association. A joint effort between the ACOFP and the Auxiliary to the ACOFP Awards Committee reviews applications and selects the recipient of the award.
* Additional Requirements & Qualifications
1. Must have attended at least one state ACOFP conference, or ACOFP Annual Convention (If your state does not have an ACOFP chapter then attendance at a state AOA conference meets this qualification.)
2. Must currently hold a leadership position with an ACOFP student chapter or the National Student Executive Board, OR hold a leadership position with a local, national, or international philanthropic organization.
3. In your essay, describe your invlovement in an local, national, or international philanthropic organization, activity, or event that had a positive impact on the community. The essay maximum is 750 words in total.