RISKS INVOLVED IN EQUINE ACTIVITIES:
• I am fully aware and understand that ALL riders are required to wear and use safety equipment, especially ASTM-SEI certified riding helmets at all times. I also understand that children under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times and are not permitted to ride alone. I also understand that riders are not permitted to jump any horse outside of a structured and supervised lesson.
• I am fully aware and understand that horses are unpredictable by nature; and when frightened, angry or under stress, it is a horse’s natural instinct to jump forward or sideways, to run away from danger at a trot or gallop, to kick, to buck, to rear up in front, or to bite, and that horses are extremely powerful. I understand that I could be injured as a result of any of these or other actions of a horse. I understand these risks, and I voluntarily assume these risks and dangers.
• I further understand that upon mounting a horse or driving a carriage and/or taking up the reins, the rider/driver is in primary control of the horse, and that the Property Leasors and/or Property Owners are not responsible for the results of the rider’s/driver’s actions or inactions, or for the action of the horse or faulty equipment.
• I fully understand and agree that I alone am to be responsible for any bodily injury which I should sustain on the grounds of the Property Leasors and/or Property Owners while engaged in general recreation, riding, driving, viewing or caring for a horse, and for any time I should lose from employment or activity, and for the medical expenses or any other expenses incurred because of such bodily injury or property damage.
• In acknowledgment of the above, I hereby, for myself and my heirs, HOLD HARMLESS the Property Leasors, Property Owners, and their respective servants, agents, employees, officers, and all other participants of and from all claims, demands, actions and causes of action for such injuries sustained to my person or property whether or not such injury or property damage resulted from the negligence or gross negligence of the Property Leasors, Property Owners, or their servants, agents, employees or officers, or resulted from any defect in tack or equipment that might be used on or around the property.
• I understand and agree that in exchange for being permitted to participate in general recreational activities and/or the boarding, viewing, caring for, riding or driving of horses at Cadence Equestrian Center, LLC, that I am voluntarily assuming the risks of agreement that I may not bring a lawsuit or a claim of any kind against the Property Leasors, Property Owners, or their servants, agents, employees or officers for such injuries and/or property damage. If I should bring such claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, I agree that I shall be liable to the Property Leasors and/or Property Owners for any and all reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses that may be incurred by the Property Leasors and/or Property Owners in defending such claims.
• I further agree to indemnify and reimburse the Property Leasors, Property Owners, and their servants, agents, employees or officers for any injury and/or property damage to any third person as a result of any action or inaction on my part. This indemnification included the reasonable cost of attorney’s fees and expenses incurred by the Property Leasors and/or Property Owners in defending against and such suit.
The undersigned voluntarily request to be permitted on the property of Cadence Equestrian Center, LLC 14150 S. Pine Street, Edmond, OK 73034, for the purpose of participating in equine activities. This agreement shall be in effect upon signing below and automatically renews annually. The undersigned, for and behalf of myself or my child and legal ward, acknowledge that I have been fully advised by Cadence Equestrian Center, LLC, that I or my child or legal ward should purchase and wear a properly fitted and secured ASTM/SEI certified equestrian riding helmet while riding, driving or near horses in order to reduce the severity of some head injuries and possibly prevent death from happening as the result of a fall or other occurrences.