Foster Contract and Affirmation
I am applying to foster a dog through Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue. In the case of fostering, the person(s) agreeing to foster an animal (the foster family) will follow all the relevant procedures and guidelines regarding the animal as stated in the Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue Foster Contract. If the animal cannot be kept by the foster family, the foster family shall notify a Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue director immediately.
The animal should not be sold, abandoned, relinquished to a pound or shelter or to a rescue group other than Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue, transferred, or given to any individual, or to any retail or wholesale establishment. We appreciate your desire to assist Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue by fostering one of our adoptable pets, but in order to ensure the safety of your foster we ask that you review and sign the following terms and conditions.
1. If for any reason you have to return your foster you must return him/her to a Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue representative. A Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue representative will be happy to take your foster if you cannot keep them but we will require an appropriate time to make proper arrangements based on the animal's needs.
2. Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue must approve all applications for adoptions. Because you have gotten to know your foster dog very well, you play a large part in selecting the right home for your foster dog. Please follow the adoption process guidelines: have the potential adopter fill out an application online, wait for application approval, schedule a visit and meet/great with potential adopter dogs (either at your home or in a public place ie: park), and then advise adopter of adoption paperwork and payment that needs to be completed, schedule a pick up date. You are not to give your foster to anyone without the approval of a Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue representative.
3. If you must take your foster to the vet, we ask that you take them to an approved veterinarian with Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue. These vets give us a discount and allow Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue to pay the bill. Sheltered Paws will pay 100% of the bill when taken to an approved veterinarian. Please let a Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue representative know of your plans to go to the vet. If you choose to use your own vet, Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue will only pay for 60% of your expenses.
4. I have received, read, and asked for clarification if needed, regarding foster documents provided by Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue.
5. In signing this foster agreement with Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue, I declare that I am aware that: animals are different from human beings in their responses to human actions; the actions of animals are often unpredictable; children and animals must be closely supervised when interacting; an animal's behavior may change after it leaves the shelter and accustoms itself to its new environment.
6. I am aware that the educated opinions of the shelter staff and volunteers of Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue do not constitute a claim or guarantee as to the temperament, health or mental disposition of any animal available for foster or adoption.
7. I hereby accept possession, legal guardianship and responsibility for the animal I am fostering and discharge Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue forever from liability for any injury or damage to any person or property caused in the future by said animal, and from any causes of action, claims, suits, or demands whatsoever that may arise as a result of such injury or damages.
8. All of the information I have provided is true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
9. Should a pet be placed with me it will reside in my home as a pet. I agree to provide the dog with adequate food, water, shelter, affection and medical care which will be paid for by Sheltered Paws Dog Rescue.
10. I am at least 18 years of age.