I hereby apply for REALTOR (primary, secondary, Designated) membership in the above named Board/Association, and enclose my payment in the amount of $150.00, which I understand will be returned to me in the event I am not accepted to membership. In the event my application is approved, I agree as a condition to membership to complete the Orientation course of the above named Board, if any, and otherwise on my own initiative to thoroughly familiarize myself with the Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS, including the duty to arbitrate contractual and specific non-contractual disputes in accordance with Article 17 of the Code of Ethics and the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of the Board, and the Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations of the above named Board, the State Association and the National Association, and I further agree to complete satisfactorily a reasonable and nondiscriminatory written examination covering such Code, Constitutions, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and duty to arbitrate. I further agree that my act of paying dues shall evidence my initial and continuing commitment to abide by the aforementioned Code of Ethics, Constitutions, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and duty to arbitrate, all as from time to time amended. Finally, I consent and authorize the Board, through its Membership Committee or otherwise, to invite and receive information and comment about me from any Member or other person, and I agree that any information and comment furnished to the Board by any Member or other person in response to any such invitation shall be conclusively deemed to be privileged and not form the basis of any action by me for slander, libel or defamation of character.
NOTE: Applicant acknowledges that the board will maintain a membership file of information, which may be shared with other boards/associations where applicant subsequently seeks membership. This file shall include: previous applications for membership; all final findings of Code of Ethics violations and violations of other membership duties within the past three (3) years; pending complaints alleging violations of the Code of Ethics or alleging violations of other membership duties; incomplete or pending disciplinary measures; pending arbitration requests; and information related to unpaid arbitration awards or unpaid financial obligations to the Board or its MLS.
NOTE: Applicant acknowledges that if accepted as a Member and he/she subsequently resigns or is expelled from membership in the Board with an ethics complaint or arbitration request pending, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon applicant’s verification that he/she will submit to the pending ethics or arbitration proceeding and will abide by the decision of the Hearing Panel; or if applicant resigns or is expelled from membership without having complied with an award in arbitration, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon his/her payment of the award, plus any costs that have been established previously s due and payable in relation thereto, provided that the award and such costs have not, in the interim, been otherwise satisfied.
NOTE: Dues payments to the Board are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. Portions of such payments may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses.
I hereby certify that the foregoing information furnished by me is true and correct, and I agree that failure to provide complete and accurate information as requested, or any misstatement of fact, may be grounds for revocation of my membership, if granted.
I agree that, if accepted for membership in the Board, I shall pay the fees and dues as from time to time established.
APPLICATION FOR SERVICE FROM THE
NORTH TEXAS REAL ESTATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, INC. ("NTREIS")
THROUGH GREATER LEWISVILLE ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS ("GLAR"), LOCAL MULTIPLE LISTING SERVICE ("MLS") PROVIDER
STATE OF TEXAS COUNTY OF DENTON
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by the undersigned party ("Participant") in conjunction
with the Participant’s Application for MLS service from NTREIS, through the local MLS provider.
FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION of the privileges of service from NTREIS, the benefits to be derived by the Participant, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, upon the acceptance of the Application of the Participant, the Participant agrees as follows:
1. Participant acknowledges that Participant has read all Rules and Regulations of the MLS and of the National Association of REALTORS ® ("NAR"), understands such Rules and Regulations, and agrees to observe, comply with, and uphold the Rules and Regulations so long as Participant is a member of the MLS.
2. Participant covenants and agrees that, for every listing of property filed with the MLS, Participant will obtain a written listing agreement from the owner of owners of the property, which listing agreement will provide:
(a) A good and sufficient legal description of the property;
(b) That the listing broker on the property has either an exclusive right to sell or lease the property, or that the listing broker is appointed as the exclusive agent of the owner for the sale or lease of the property;
(c) For the listing broker to make blanket unilateral offers of cooperation and compensation to all other participants in the MLS; and
(d) Authorization for the listing broker to submit statistical information to the MLS after the property is sold or exchanged, including, but not limited to, the true sales price, whether the sale was for cash or financed by the owner, and, in the event of an exchange, the value allocated to the property by the parties to the exchange transaction.3. Participant agrees to retain in Participant’s files an executed copy of the listing agreement for a period of 365 days after the date on which the property is sold of the date on which the listing from the property is terminated.
4. Participant covenants and agrees, with respect to each listing of property filed with the MLS by Participant, to complete a profile sheet on a form made available by the MLS. By filing the information concerning each listing with the MLS by Participant, Participant warrants and represents to the MLS that Participant has obtained a written listing agreement described in paragraph 2 and a duly completed profile sheet containing the information required by the MLS. Participant agrees to retain in Participant’s files each of the profile sheets for a period of 365 days after the date on which the property is sold or the date on which the listing for the property is terminated, whichever occurs later.
5. Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NTREIS, the local MLS provider, and all other participants of the MLS of and from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses or injuries sustained as a result of the failure of Participant to comply with the terms and provisions of this Agreement or of the Rules and Regulations of the MLS, as amended from time to time. The indemnification provisions of this paragraph shall survive any resignation or termination of service from NTREIS by Participant. Participant acknowledges that all data copyrighted by NTREIS and in the MLS system is owned by NTREIS, including pictures, remarks and configuration of information.
6. I hereby authorize representatives of NTREIS and/or the local MLS provider to request information concerning my creditworthiness in connection with this Application.
7. I agree that as a condition of my participation in NTREIS, through the local MLS provider, to complete the orientation course(s) as prescribed by NTREIS.
By my submission I acknowledge that I have read all information above and completed the application as accurately as possible without any intentional omission.