Contribute to the Chinatown cultural record! Submit to the upcoming Chinatown art gallery and/or Chinatown's bilingual literary magazine, HI-Chinatown-STORY.
The artwork, writing, or video should center on the theme of "community in Philadelphia," "multiculturalism in Philadelphia," particularly celebrating the culture and history of Philadelphia Chinatown.
The Gallery is seeking art in all media, both originals and digital copies.
Gallery artwork will be on display at 10th Street Plaza during the Chinatown Yè Shì night market, which sees 20,000 visitors annually, and then in Chinatown businesses and community centers until the end of 2017.
HI-Chinatown-STORY is seeking art in all printable media, poetry, and prose. Word limits for poetry and prose are 12 point font, 3 pages maximum.
- October 1, 2017 for the art gallery
- December 31, 2017 for HI-Chinatown-STORY
- You may submit up to five pieces.
- Please note, PCDC is not responsible for any damage incurred to original artwork delivered to us.
- PCDC is not obligated to return original artwork without a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- You will receive a response within 2 weeks of your submission.
Three ways to submit to the Gallery and/or HI-Chinatown-STORY:
Complete and upload your document through this online form.
2. By Mail or 3. In Person:
Send your submission to our offices at 301-05 N 9th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
The gallery and magazine are organized by the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation, a grassroots, non-profit, community-based organization established in 1966. Our mission is to protect, preserve, and promote Chinatown as a viable ethnic, residential, and business community. Find out more about us at www.chinatown-pcdc.org.