The parties choose the above stated addresses as their physical addresses at which legal proceedings may be instiuted. Whereas the Owner wished to engage the Sitter and the Sitter agrees to undertake the services under the terms and provisions defined in this Pet Sitting Contract as well as the Owner’s Information sheet and Pet Information sheet(s). Any reference to pets in this contract shall refer to those specified on the Pet Information sheet(s).
1. Relationship and Responsibilities
· Additional fees may include the purchase of necessary items for the care of the pet(s), including by not limited to pet food, litter or cleaning supplies, transportation, unexpected visits and emergency expenses for health care. The Sitter shall retain and submit receipts as proof of additional expenses.
· This pet Sitting Contract shall come into effect on the dates listed above.
· The term of this Pet Sitting Contract may be extended if requested by the Owner and so accepted by the Sitter.
· The onus shall be on the Owner to confirm his/her return and his/her availability to resume care of the property and pet(s) prior to or on the last day of this contract term failling which the Sitter may perform additional visits in the interest of the pet(s).
· Any additional visits or duties shall be calculated at the fee listed above.
3. Cancellation or Termination
· Either party may terminate this Pet Sitting Contract 14 days prior to the first scheduled visit without incurring penalties or damages.
· Failure by the Owner to cancel by giving the minimum notice required will result in a 50% cancellation fee of the total amount due, unless such cancellations is caused by severe weather, death in the family or a medical emergency.
· Pampered Pups by Marissa will carry liability insurance relative to the services performed for the Owner. A copy of the Insurance policy has been made available to the Owner and the Owner acknowledges that he/she is familiar with its content.
· The Sitter accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to the Owner’s property if any other person has access to the property during the term of this agreement.
· In the event of an emergency, the Sitter shall contact the Owner at the numbers provided to confirm the Owner’s choice of action. If the Owner cannot be reached timeously, the Sitter is uthorized to:
· Transport the pet(s) to the listed veterinarian.
· Request on-site treatment from a veterinarian.
· Transport the pet(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible.
· Please contact your vet to let them know that Pampered Pups by Marissa LLC is caring for your animal(s) while your away and that if an emergency arises that they (owners) take full responsibility for care
· The Sitter warrants to keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the Owner and to return the same to the Owner at the end of the contract or immediately on demand.
7. Whole Agreement
· The Pet Sitting Contract, Owner’s Information Sheet, Pet Information sheet(s) and Veterinary Release Form constitute the sole and entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained therein. Any alteration of this agreement must be in writing and singed by both parties.
8. Binding Effect
· The terms of this Contract shall be binding upon and ccrue to the benefit and be enforceable by either party’s successors, legal representattives and assigns.
9. Governing Law
· This Pet Sitting Contract and Agreement shall be construed, interpreted and goverened in accordance with the laws of the State of America and should any provision of this Contract bejudged by an any of the remaining provisions whatsoever.
· The parties agree that any or all parts of this agreement may be submitted to the other party in legible and recordable electronic form and upon acknowledgement of receipt by the receiving party shall become valid parts of this agreement.
· Paragraph headings are for convenience of reference only and are not intended to have any effect in the interpretation or determining of rights or obligations under this agreement.
· Where appropriate words signifying one gender shall include the other and words signifying the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.