Applicants present their vision for a mission they are passionate about to a panel of “sharks,” seeking funding to help bring their projects to fruition.
1. Application – Applications may be submitted by women of any age that regularly attend or are members of Mentor UMC or by female or male youth/children preschool through 12th grade that are members or regular attendees of Mentor UMC. Applications and/or presentations may be made by an individual or a team working as partners. Application deadline is October 10 at 4pm, by online form submitted, emailed copy or print copy returned to church office.
2. Screening and selection – A number of projects will be selected for presentation in “the tank” based on the number of applications received and available funds. Projects must also meet the following criteria:
a. Projects must benefit women, children and/or youth.
b. Projects must comply with the Social Principles and Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church.
c. Projects/programs/organizations must not discriminate based on faith, ethnicity, race, or gender.
d. Applicant(s) or a representative must be able to appear in person at the November 12 event to present their project if selected.
Applicants will be notified by October 20 if their project has been selected to appear in “the tank.”
3. Presentation – Applicants selected will appear in “the tank” Sunday, November 12, 3:00-4:30pm in Mentor UMC Fellowship Hall to make their pitch and answer questions about their proposed project. Presentations may include photos and videos to be projected on the screen as well as other static displays or props to help support the verbal presentation.
4. Table display – Participants will create a table display for people attending the event to browse to acquaint themselves with the project. A collection device will be made available for people attending to offer additional monetary donations to a project.
5. Funding – Projects will be funded according to the “sharks’” consensus for full amount requested, none, or some partial amount. Maximum amount that may be requested is $500.
6. Fulfillment – Arrangements will be made between Mentor United Methodist Women and the participants to disburse the funds to the appropriate projects/agencies.
Please complete the project application and click the "submit" button when finished. Application must be completed at one time -- sorry, it cannot be saved to return to finish later. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed to submit the form.
Application deadline is October 10 at 4pm.
If you have questions, please contact Carole Ring at email@example.com.
This event is sponsored by and funded by Mentor United Methodist Women.