Sherrod Library Graduate Student Scholarship for Excellence in Research
Faculty Nomination 2023
The Sherrod Library Graduate Student Scholarship for Excellence in Research recognizes graduate students who demonstrate research acumen and a successful, strategic search strategy in utilizing library resources to conduct research during graduate coursework. A $500 scholarship will be granted to the recipient of this award given once annually during the Spring semester.
Applicants must be
- a currently enrolled graduate student in good standing
- the sole author of a research paper (close readings, case summaries, and book or literature reviews are not eligible)
- submitted for ETSU course credit during Spring 2022, Summer 2022, or Fall 2022
- 10 pages minimum
- containing a minimum of 10 sources, more than 50% of which are peer-reviewed
- nominated by the professor of record for the course in which the paper was submitted.
All graduate coursework prior to capstone, thesis, or dissertation is eligible. Chapters or sections of capstone, thesis, or dissertation will not be considered.
Application for this scholarship can be started either by student application or faculty nomination. An application form must have both student and faculty portions completed to be submitted for consideration.
Sherrod Library honors and respects the communication process between instructors and students and will not act as an intermediary for this application in any way.
A student application is routed to the faculty contact to complete the faculty nomination portion.
- Student application must include
- an essay of 300-500 words describing student mastery of research strategy and its successful execution using Sherrod Library resources employed in the paper. The essay must be uploaded as a file.
- the final version of the research paper uploaded as a file.
A faculty nomination is routed to the student to complete the student application portion.
- Faculty nomination must be provided by the professor of record for the course in which the paper or project was submitted.
Once submitted online, applications cannot be edited.
For the Spring 2022 scholarship, complete applications must be submitted by March 19, 2023.
The recipient of the scholarship and the nominating faculty member will be notified by April 1, 2023.
Contact Jonathan Wilson (email@example.com) with questions about this scholarship or application process.