Please review the following information before completing the application.
MACPS will provide monetary support, in the form of grants to be used for scholarships to local, state, or regional conferences. The grant award will be made to the conference, not individual CPSTs. Funding is limited to one grant award per NHTSA Region. Preference will be given to conferences with a strong CPST focus. The purpose of this grant award is to offset used to cover scholarships for technicians or instructors.
- Any local, state or regional conference can apply for funding.
- Any conference has the opportunity to be awarded a grant regardless of conference size. Preference will be given to conferences that are CPST specific.
- The MACPS Scholarship Committee determines the awardee from each NHTSA Region. It is the responsibility of the awardee to select individual CPSTs to receive the conference scholarship.
- A member of MACPS will be assigned to each awardee to assist with selecting the conference scholarship winner from the top ten individuals.
- It is understood that members of MACPS will expect to incur no registration or exhibit fees if participating in the conference. Additionally, please review the MACPS Speaker/Exhibitor Request form. This document provides guidance on requests for inviting MACPS members to participate in a conference.
Frequently Asked Questions – Scholarship Application
I am on the planning committee for my state CPS conference. Should I complete this application?
Yes! The application should be completed by a conference organizer or planning committee member.
My state’s CPS conference is part of our larger highway safety conference. Is it still eligible for this grant opportunity?
Yes. Any conference with CPST attendees is eligible, however preference will be given to conferences that focus primarily on CPS.
Is the grant funding limited in what it can cover?
Yes. Conferences that are awarded a grant can only use the funding to provide scholarships for technicians and instructors to attend their event.
I am a tech and would like to receive a scholarship to attend my regional CPS conference. Should I apply?
No. The MACPS Scholarship is awarded to the conference, not individual CPSTs. However, if your conference is awarded a grant, you should reach out to the conference organizers to determine how to apply for their scholarship.
I am a tech and would like to receive a scholarship to attend a national CPS conference. Should I apply?
No. The MACPS Scholarship is awarded to the conference, not individual CPSTs. MACPS provides funding to the national Lifesavers Conference and the Kidz in Motion conference for conference scholarships. Please contact each individual conference to inquire about scholarship applications.
When will grant awards be announced?
MACPS will announce the conferences that have been awarded scholarship grants on December 22, 2018.
When does the grant funding need to be used?
The MACPS Scholarship is available for conferences occurring in the 2018 calendar year. Any conference that occurs in 2019 is eligible to apply for the scholarship. Preference will be given to conferences that primarily focus on CPS.
Who can I contact with questions?
If you need additional information,please contact MACPS at firstname.lastname@example.org.