Please review these instructions before preparing a proposal.
Criteria for application:
Minimum of two sites required to apply (multi-institutional research study). Main investigator and must have a collaborator.
All proposals will undergo a formal review by the Discovery Steering Committee.
The research plan (questions 6 -16) in the application should be concise and limited to no more than 6 pages. The research plan includes specific aims, background and significance, preliminary studies (where applicable), and research design and methods.
The research plan should describe any assistance requested from Discovery (i.e., generation of data sets, data analysis, study sites, etc.)
It is expected that the results (positive or negative) of all approved Discovery studies, including those considered non-publishable by the study's investigators, will be presented to the Discovery Steering Committee within six months of study completion.
The Discovery Steering Committee should review all manuscripts resulting from the study prior to submission.
All study investigators must submit any conflict of interest
- All investigators have agreed to participate in this project.
- The statistical section prepared by biostatistician
- Scientific questions 6 -16 are prepared with font size 11 or larger.
- Scientific questions 6 -16 are < 6 pages in length.
- Institutional Review Board / Data and Safety Monitoring Plan
- Biosketches are included for primary investigators
- Instructions for preparing sub-studies and ancillary studies have been reviewed
Bio Sketch Template: LINK HERE (Word Document)
(Download template before beginning application or open in a new tab)