1. The Inner Dog LLC agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in as safe, reliable and responsible manner as possible at any location. The client recognizes that The Inner Dog LLC is not responsible for any unintentional errors, omissions, or incorrect assertions. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client waives any and all claims against The Inner Dog LLC unless arising from gross negligence or intentional and willful misconduct on the part of The Inner Dog LLC.
2. The Inner Dog LLC will only offer sound, safe and responsible training and behavior modification and instruction. The Inner Dog LLC provides training and behavior modification services that are force free, fear free, pain free, science based and DOES NOT / WILL NOT use nor advocate the use of any aversive or coercive methods and/or tools. These include but are not limited to physical force and / or violence, fear and / or intimidation, choke, prong and / or electric collars in any form, fur savers, invisible fence systems, etc.
The Inner Dog LLC will only work with the client with the express understanding that while utilizing the servcies of The Inner Dog LLC the client WILL NOT use any, but not limited to, techniques, protocols, tools or devices not approved by The Inner Dog LLC. This is non-negotiable. If at any time after contracting the services of The Inner Dog LLC the client is found to have or decides to use averisve methods (as described above, but not limited to), the services provided by The Inner Dog LLC will be immediately terminated by The Inner Dog LLC and there will NOT be a refund of any fees paid to The Inner Dog LLC.
3. The client understands that the dog will interact with The Inner Dog LLC and that any known aggression issues and other behavior problems the dog has had with people, other animals or inanimate objects must be communicated prior to any visit. The dog is being submitted for training and / or behavior modification based on the client's representation. The dog must also be up to date on all vaccines and be free of any communicable diseases.
4. The client recognizes that all dogs learn differently and that may mean slower or quicker than others. Realsitic goals will be set in the training and behavior modification plan devised before and/or during the initial consult. The Inner Dog LLC will do it's best to achieve those goals and will be done using my no force, no fear, no pain, science based training and behavior modification methods and techniques. Furthermore, the client understands that their dog(s) may not achieve the intended goals. No refund is made if the dog(s) do not achieve the set goals. Behavior is not static: an animal will not continue to perform even trained behaviors without practice.
5. Aggression Cases: The client acknowledges that The Inner Dog LLC may determine at any time that the client's dog may be, or is aggressive, which means that the dog has or may bite a person or animal. The Inner Dog LLC has fully explained that the outcome of any training and / or behavior modification program cannot and will not guarantee a temporary or permanent change in the aggressive behavior and that the client's dog is or may be a risk to people or animals. The client promises to take any and all safety measures recommended by The Inner Dog LLC before, during and after the prescribed program, including, but not limited to, wearing a muzzle and / or having the dog on a leash under the client's or household member's control when in the presence of people and / or other animals. In cases involving any type of aggression, behavior may be modified but the dog(s) is never considered "cured". The dog(s)'s behavior is ultimately the responsibility of the owner.
6. The Inner Dog LLC may express opinions or beliefs about the effectiveness of various courses of action or the results anticipated but such statements are expression of opinion only and cannot be construed as promises or guarantees.
7. The first visit for all Levels is a mandatory consultation so that The Inner Dog LLC can assess and evaluate the dog(s), behaviors, training and / or behavior modification requirements, educate the client, devise a training or behavior modification plan with realistic goals and offer specific options for additional visits. Initial consults are paid for at the end of the consult. If the client does not wish to purchase a package for Level 1 or 2 training, the rate for additional visits will be at the rate set forth in the Training and Behavior Modification Contract Addendum. Level 3 and Level 4 behavior modification packages are mandatory packages due to the severity of the behavior and to closely monitor the safety of the client, the dog(s), vsistors, companion animals, the general public and other animals. The specific package of visits for Level 3 or Level 4 will be determined by the client and The Inner Dog LLC before the completion of the initial consultation. All packages must be paid up front and in full.
8. The client recognizes that the recommendation of any other product or service is not a guarantee of the client's satisfaction with that product or service. The Inner Dog LLC is not a veterinarian and cannot diagnose medical conditions nor prescribe remedies for them. If The Inner Dog LLC determines that the use of a veterinarian, veterinary behaviorist or any other veterinary specialist for any medical or behavioral concern could possibly be beneficial to the dog, the client recognizes that it is strictly a recommendation based on The Inner Dog LLC's training, education and experience.
9. The client will remain responsible for any and all actions of the dog(s) at all times and hereby indemnifies The Inner Dog LLC from any and all claims of injury, expense, costs or damages causes by the actions of the dog(s) and / or other pets while under the instruction or control of The Inner Dog LLC or while under the client's care regardless of whether or not the client is following the instructions provided by The Inner Dog LLC.
10. I recognize and understand the inherent risk of owning a dog, especially a dog that exhibits aggressive behaviors, including but not limited to the risk of bites to the client, household members, visitors, strangers, the general public and / or other animals and any and all damage to property. The client is responsible for, but not limited to, any of the above cited risks. The client therefore indemnifies The Inner Dog LLC from all costs and claims arising from, but not limited to, the above actions.
11. Photo and Video Release: The client consents to the taking of photos and video during any visit and authorizes The Inner Dog LLC to exhibit for educational purposes still photos, video or other forms in any medium now or in the future. They will not be used for advertising purposes for the business of The Inner Dog LLC unless permission for such use is provided by the client.
12. The client releases The Inner Dog LLC from any and all claims for damages for libel, slander, invasion of privacy or any other claim and demands based on the use of above described materials.
13. All Packages must be paid in full prior to beginning the 1st visit of the package unless an agreement between the client and The Inner Dog LLC has been reached with regards to other payment terms. The Inner Dog LLC has explained to the client the need for a mandatory package for Level 3 and Level 4 behavior modification training.
14. Cancellation of a Visit Policy: Appointments may be cancelled by either party no later than 24 hours prior to the appointment. An appointment cancelled by the client less than 24 hours prior to the appointment will count as a Visit. It is understood by both parties that emergent circumstances arise in everyday life and all reasonable accomodation will be made to reschedule at a date / time convenient to both parties.
15. Termination of Servcies by The Inner Dog LLC: The Inner Dog LLC reserves the right to terminate or deny service to any client because of safety concerns, financial concerns or any other inappropriate / uncomfortable situations and such termination will be solely at the discretion of The Inner Dog LLC. Termination of any services under this provision will NOT result in a refund to the client.
16. Termination of a Training / Behavior Modification Package: The client may also terminate this agreement at any time. The termination of this agreement by the client must be in writing and be submitted to The Inner Dog LLC no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled visit. Termination of any Package before the 2nd visit of a Level 1 or Level 2 Package, will result in a 50% refund of money already paid. Termination of this agreement after 2 or more visits of a Level 1 or Level 2 Package have been completed will NOT result in a refund to the client. Termination of any Level 3 or Level 4 Package at any time will NOT result in a refund to the client.
17. This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof. This contract may not be modified by either party except by written agreement executed by all parties.
18. This contract may be executed in several counterparts, each of which shall an original, but all of which shall constitute one and the same instrument, and signatures received via facsilie, digitally or handwritten shall be acceptable in lieu of an original.
19. To the extent that any person(s), entity (ies) is / are in whole or in part, the owner(s) / guardian(s) of the dog(s) and / or other pet(s) that are the subject of this contract or otherwise has / have an interest in this dog(s) and / or pet(s), the undersigned represents and warrants that the undersigned has the right, power, and authority to enter into this contract and to bind such person to the terms hereof and agrees to hold harmless and indemnify The Inner Dog LLC from any and all claims made by any such person(s) or entity (ies) with respect to this contract.
20. This contract is entered into and shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of NJ without giving effect to the principles of conflict of laws thereof.