This information is used for:
1) Registrant Contact (Reg-C) [The Registrant Contact (Reg-C) is the organization or person that has the rights to use (or ownership of) the domain.], and;
2) Administrative Contact (Admin-C) [The Administrative Contact (Admin-C) is the contact person for administrative, non-technical matters. Example: for legal matters, change of ownership, etc.]
Private Domain Registration
Each domain registered must have contact details publicly available for that domain so that the owner may be reached if necessary. The contact details are stored in a WHOIS database and WHOIS information for all domains can be found online using a number of WHOIS sites.
Information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, etc is usually listed publicly in the WHOIS database for anyone from the public to access. Private registration acts as a middleman so that instead of your personal information listed as the contact details for the domain, ElateWeb provider's name, address, phone number, etc are listed instead.
Other Important Points
- Private Domain registration is only available for certain domains.
- Subdomains cannot have Private Domain registration.
- No Private Domain registration for External Domains. You will have to contact the registrar of the domain.
ElateWeb offers Free Domain Privacy as a service to our clients. Please make your selection by clicking "Next".