RULES AND DISCLOSURES
As a potential adopter, please thoroughly read the following Rules and Disclosures. Please note that entering your name to this application signifies your acknowledgement and agreement to following Rules and Disclosures.
• The completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption. You understand that THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE will contact you if your application is approved. THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE may use our adoption contract to obtain your name and email address when you adopt one of our animals. We use your email address only for update mailings.
• Generally, THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE requires all members of your family, including dogs, to be present at the time of adoption or meet the animal prior to finalizing the adoption.
• THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE requires all cats and kittens to leave in an appropriate, secure carrier.
• Any monies paid to THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE are considered a donation to provide care for this and other homeless pets and are NOT REFUNDABLE.
• THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE makes every effort to assure that the animal you adopt is healthy. We do this by having each pet examined by a veterinarian prior to adoption. The exam typically includes the de-worming and vaccination of the animal against communicable diseases including: distemper for cats and kittens. All animals will be spayed/neutered before adoption is finalized. Occasionally, a pet may not show symptoms of an illness until after adoption, as many illnesses have an incubation period of 17-21 days. This is completely unavoidable and occurs not only in shelter/rescue type settings, but also with pet stores, breeders, and any environment where there are a number of animals present at any given time. We require that your new pet be re-examined by a vet within 7 days after the adoption. This is in the animal's best interest and the interest of any existing animals you may have. You will be responsible for all medical expenses incurred after the adoption is completed.
• THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE strives for the appropriate match of animals and adoptive families based on the known temperament of the animal, as well as, the evaluation of potential adopters and the living environment they will be able to offer the animal. If for any reason the adoption of the animal is unsuccessful, THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE requires that we are notified immediately and the animal is to be returned to THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE.
• In addition, THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE may claim the adopted animal at any time if it is determined that the adopters have not complied with the requirements of the adoption contract or mislead THE KINDLE AND CLOWDER INSTITUTE at any time during the adoption process. We reserve the right to approve or deny the adoption application. This application is used as part of the adoption approval process in order to determine the best home for the animal.
• Under no circumstances will any animal be used in any type of animal fighting activity, nor shall it be kept with the intention of promoting aggressiveness or for breeding. (Initials)
I acknowledge that all information provided on this form is true and correct. I understand that any misrepresentations may result in my not being approved and/or removal of the adopted cat from my possession.
I certify that I have never been convicted of animal cruelty or neglect.
If I am approved to adopt a cat, I agree to pay a non-refundable adoption fee and hand sign an adoption contract at the time of adoption.