Larimer County Boards & Commissions Member Training Quiz
Submit this form to check your score. If you do not answer 7 of 10 question correctly, please take this quiz again. Remember, this quiz is "open book" and all answers were presented in the training PowerPoint.
Board or commission for which you are completing this training.
1. Which of the following is subject to the Colorado Open Meetings Law?
A) A regularly scheduled and posted meeting of the board/commission
B) A phone conversation between two board/commission members about another member's birthday
C) A teleconference meeting of a subcommittee
D) Both A and C
2. Under the Colorado Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics Statute, board/commission members are expected to refrain from which of the following when conducting board business?
A) Taking actions that serve their personal interests rather than public interests
B) Taking official actions as board/commission members that have a direct financial benefit to them personally or to a program for which they work or serve
C) Discussing controversial issues
D) Both A and B
3. Under the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), board/commission records are required to be available for inspection by members of the public upon request. These records include: meeting minutes, official documents such as reports, minutes of telephone conversations about board business, emails and text messages between board members regarding board business.
4. Who is responsible for posting public notices of meetings and maintaining appointment records and appointments?
A) The board/commission secretary
B) The board/commission chairperson
C) Larimer County staff members
D) The person the board/commission selects
5. Your board/commission's enabling authority documents (bylaws) outline which of the following?
A) Your board’s duties and responsibilities
B) Reasoning for establishing the board
C) Term limits for board/commission members
D) All of the above
6. What type of communication is subject to the Open Meetings Law?
A) Email between board members
B) Staff communicating logistical information to board members
C) Social gatherings with board members
D) Issues regarding a member of the board
7. Board/Commissions can go into executive session anytime a member does not want to discuss board business publicly.
8. An advisory board/commission decides that it wants to lobby for a state bill that will help a County department receive more money. You as chair are asked by the board to attend the next legislative meeting to testify for the bill on behalf of the board.
A) You attend and testify because money for the department is important.
B) You attend and testify because your board voted for you to attend.
C) You attend and testify because that is the role of the chair.
D) You do not testify because advisory boards/commissions do not speak on behalf of the Board of County Commissioner nor do they take independent positions on issues with the public or the press.
9. How many board members have to get together for it to be an official open meeting?
A) A quorum of the Board
C) A quorum plus one
10. Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of board members?
A) Posting public notice of meetings
B) Understanding and abiding by the board’s enabling document
C) Fulfilling the responsibilities of the board as outlined in the board’s enabling document
D) Reading and following the board’s bylaws
Should be Empty: