(No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense. The nature and date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for may, however, be considered.)
NOTE: Applicants are advised that Watersprings requests a background check on all employees as part of the hiring process. Should any negative or unfavorable information come from that report, Watersprings reserves the right to discontinue the employment process, OR if employed on condition of "Understanding of Potential Termination and Waiver of Claims/Liability" pending the result of the background check, Watersprings reserves the right to immediately terminate employment.
NOTE: Applicant may be subject to a medical examination and/or skill and agility test to determine whether reasonable accomodations can be effected, if required, in order to perfom essential functions of the job.
1. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all and governs all things (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8 and 48:16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:30; Hebrews 1:3).
2. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:3-4 and 1:21).
3. We believe in the person of God the Father: an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2 and 102:27; John 3:16 and 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3).
4. We believe in the person of Jesus Christ: God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
5. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:26 and 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14).
6. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide (John 6:13, 14:16-17 and 16:8-11; Romans 8:26).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit according to the instructions given to us in 1 Corinthians 12-14.
8. We believe that all people are sinners by nature, and therefore are under condemnation; that God saves and regenerates—based upon faith by the Holy Spirit—those whom repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord (Acts 8:15-17; Ephesians 2:1-3 and 8-9; Romans 3:23 and 5:8; Titus 3:5).
9. We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16).
10. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church: full immersion water baptism of believers, and the Lord's Supper (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26). We also believe that the Lord Jesus Christ validated the ordinance of marriage (Matthew 19:4-5 and John 2:1-11).
11. We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16 and 20:11-15).
12. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell, and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15).
13. We believe in the pre-tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the tribulation that will come upon the earth (Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18 and 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-16 and 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14).
14. We believe in the creation and that God is the Creator. We believe that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such He created them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, homosexuality and all other “sexual preferences” or “orientations” are unnatural, sinful and unacceptable to God. Accordingly, this ministry will not perform any marriage ceremonies between two individuals of the same sex. It will not condone or recognize such same-sex marriages, civil unions, or domestic partnerships even if the state passes laws that provide for recognition of such unions.
15. We believe that marriage is exclusively the legal union of one genetic male and one genetic female sanctioned by the state and evidenced by a marriage ceremony. We also believe that legitimate biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities such as (but not limited to): adultery, fornication, pre-marital sex, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, transgenderism, bisexuality, cross-dressing, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Furthermore, the creation, viewing and/or distribution of pornography, lascivious behavior, and efforts to alter one’s physical gender or gender related appearance are incompatible with a true biblical witness (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; I Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 6:18-20, 7:1-3 and 7:8-9; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians).
I agree, as a condition of my employment with Watersprings, to uphold and practice the above Statement of Faith. I also agree that if I later choose to not uphold and/or practice any aspect of the above Statement of Faith, that I will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of my employment.