Early Music America offers scholarships annually to students at all levels of experience to support attendance at early music workshops in the United States and Canada.
This application is for Level 2 Scholarships: For advanced students already experienced in the study and performance of early music, typically aspiring to a professional level of attainment.
Students must choose either Level 1 or Level 2 when applying for each workshop. You are not eliglible to submit the same workshop application for both levels. Please note, we have two separate application forms for Level 1 and Level 2.
1) Applications are open to high school, undergraduate, or graduate students.
2) Students must be enrolled full-time during the spring term of the application deadline.
3) Early Music America membership is required of all applicants.
Historical performance students qualify for a one-year complimentary student membership. If you are unsure of your membership status, please email email@example.com.
4) 2018 EMA Summer Scholarships recipients will not be eligible to apply for the same level in 2019 and can re-apply again for funding in 2020. However, 2018 Level 1 recipients can apply for a Level 2 scholarship in 2019.
Application Instructions and Information
1) Completed online application forms must be submitted by Monday, April 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET.
2) Letter of recommendations must be submitted by Friday, April 12, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET.
3) Students can submit an application for more than one workshop. If you are applying for multiple workshops, you must submit a separate application for each workshop.
4) While the monetary amounts of these scholarships are set, the number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the judges based on the applicant pool received.
Level 2 Scholarships: $1,250
5) Scholarship announcements will be made by Friday, May 3, 2019.
6) Questions may be sent to EMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We highly encourage you to submit your application several days prior to the deadline, so we can resolve any issues in a timely matter. We will not be able to accept any applications after the deadline has passed.