Please indicate your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice in the spinner. Then below please indicate the grades or subjects in order of preference:
Statement of Faith
1) About GodGod is the Creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three as the Trinity are co-equal and are one God. They are the same in essence, but different in function.Genesis 1:1, 26, 27, 3:22; Psalm 90:2; II Corinthians 13:14; I Peter 1:2
2) About JesusJesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all. He arose from the dead after three days. He ascended to Heaven and prays for His people continually. He will return in the sky for His people and later come to the earth to judge and reign.Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5, 14:10-31; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 1:3-4; I Corinthians 15:3-4; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; I Timothy 6:14-15; Hebrews 4:14-15, 7:25; Titus 2:13-14
3) About The Holy SpiritThe Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make mankind aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily. He imparts spiritual gifts as He pleases and produces spiritual fruit for both ministry and character. No one individual gift is given as a sign of salvation or as the manifestation of the infilling of the Spirit. He baptizes us all into the body of Christ at salvation, and wants to fill us repeatedly throughout our lives.John 14:15-26, 16:7-15; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16, 12:4-7, 13; II Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:22-25; Ephesians 1:13-14, 4:30, 5:18
4) About The BibleThe Bible is God’s Word to all mankind. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth and authority for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is totally inerrant and infallible.Psalm 12:6, 119:105, 160; II Timothy 1:13, 3:15-16; II Peter 1:20-21
5) About MankindWe are all made in the spiritual image of God to be like Him in character. We are the supreme object of God’s creation and love. Although mankind has tremendous potential for good, we are marred by self-centeredness and sin. These have separated us from God.Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6, 59:1-2; Romans 3:23; John 3:16
6) About SalvationBecause of mankind’s lostness and separation from God, we need God’s gift of salvation. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can we be saved from sin’s penalty. We turn from our sins in repentance and receive Christ by faith. We believe that Jesus died on the cross for us and rose from the dead to purchase eternal life. We are then born again and made into new creations.John 1:12, 3:3, 14:6; Acts 20:21; Romans 1:4, 6:23; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5
7) About EternityWe were all created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by our sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. The place of eternal separation from God and ultimate judgment is called Hell. Heaven is the place of perfect eternal fellowship and life with God. After our current life on earth, we begin an eternity in Heaven or Hell.Matthew 25:41; John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15, 21:27; Hebrews 9:27
8) About Eternal SecurityBecause God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation forever. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. The true child of God will persevere.John 10:29; II Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25, 10:10-14; I Peter 1:3-5; Ephesians 1:13-14, 4:30
9) About The Christian LifeAll Christians should be baptized in water by immersion following salvation. They also must experience worship, nurture and service in a local church. It is also vital to pray, study the Bible, observe the Lord’s Supper, witness, give, and live in obedience and faith under the Lordship of Christ through the power of the Spirit.Psalm 119:9-10; Malachi 3:8-10; Matthew 6:9-13; Acts 1:8, 2:41-42; Hebrews 10:25; I John 3:21-22
10) About The ChurchThe church is composed of sincere believers and faithful followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. It expresses itself both universally and locally. All Christians around the world throughout the history of time compose the church universal. The local church is a contemporary community expression of this larger body. It gathers regularly for worship, instruction, fellowship, and service. Every believer is uniquely gifted by the Holy Spirit helping the local church act as one body, representing Jesus Christ on earth.Acts 2:41-47; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:4-6; Hebrews 10:25
11) About Church OrdinancesBaptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is a symbolic act of obedience displaying the new believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior. It also pictures the believer’s death to the old life and resurrection to a new life in Christ Jesus. The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby followers of Christ, through the partaking of bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of Christ, examine themselves spiritually, and anticipate His return.Matthew 3:13-17, 26:1-29, 28:29-30; Acts 2:41-42, 8:35-39; Romans 6:3-5; I Corinthians 10:16, 21, 11:23-29
12) About Last ThingsJesus promised to come again to receive His people to Himself for a time of fellowship in Heaven. God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly to the earth to judge the nations and rule on the earth. Believers, in their glorified and resurrected bodies, will dwell forever with the Lord, while the lost will be punished forever. Isaiah 2:4, 11; Matthew 16:24, 27, 25:31-45; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11, 17:31; I Corinthians 15:35-38; I Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:1-9; II Thessalonians 2:1-4; Revelation 19:9-21:8
Christian School Preparation
Succinctly answer in one or two paragraphs each of the questions below.
First Baptist Academy Naples
AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE REFERENCE INFORMATION
I have made application for a position with First Baptist Academy. I have authorized the school to thoroughly interview the primary references which I have listed, any secondary references mentioned through interviews with primary references, or other individuals that know me and have knowledge regarding my testimony and work record. I also authorize the school to thoroughly investigate my work records and evaluations, my educational preparation, and all other matters related to my suitability for employment.
I authorize references and my former employers to disclose to the school any and all employment records, performance reviews, letters, reports, and other information related to my life and employment, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure.
In addition, I hereby release First Baptist Academy, my former employers, references, and all other parties from any and all claims, demands, or liabilities arising out of or in any way related to such investigation or disclosure.
I waive the right to ever personally view any references given to First Baptist Academy.
I agree that a printed copy of this document and any signature shall be considered for all purposes as the original signed release on file.
I certify that I have carefully read and do understand the above statements.
I understand that First Baptist Academy does not discriminate in its employment practices against any person because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, gender, age, disability or veteran’s status.
I hereby certify that the facts set forth in this initial application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that discovery of falsification of any statement or a significant omission of fact may prevent me from being hired, or if hired, may subject me to immediate dismissal regardless of the time elapsed before discovery. If Iam released under these circumstances, I further understand that I will be paid and receive benefits only through the day of release.
I authorize First Baptist Academy to thoroughly interview the primary references which I have listed, any secondary references mentioned through interviews with primary references, or other individuals, that know me and have knowledge regarding my testimony and work record. I also authorize the school to thoroughly investigate my work records and evaluations, my educational preparation, and other matters related to my suitability for the job.
I authorize references and my former employers to disclose to the school any and all employment records, performance reviews, letters, reports, and other information related to my life and employment, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure. In addition, I hereby release the school, my former employers, references, and all other parties from any and all claims, demands, or liabilities arising out of or in any way related to such investigation or disclosure. I waive the right to ever personally view any references given to the school.
Since I will be working with children, I understand that I must submit to a fingerprint check by the FBI and possibly other federal and state and local authorities. I agree to fully cooperate in providing and recording as many sets of my fingerprints as are necessary for such an investigation. I authorize the school to conduct a criminal records check. I understand and agree that any offer of employment that I may receive from the church is conditioned upon the receipt of background information, including criminal background information. The school may refuse employment or terminate conditional employment if the church deems any background information unfavorable or to reflect adversely on the church or on me as a Christian role model.
I understand that this is only an application for employment and that no employment contract is being offered at this time.
Employee Character Statement
I have read and understand this statement and will abide by it.
Matthew 28:19-20, “‘Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’”
John 3:11-18, “‘I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven- the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.’ ‘For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.’”
Ephesians 2:8-9, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.”
I Peter 1:23, “For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.”
I Timothy 4:12, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.”
Luke 6:40, “A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.”
Colossians 3:17, “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
Titus 2:7-8, “In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.”
I Thessalonians 2:10, “You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.”
I Thessalonians 5:18, “give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:22-23, “Avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
James 3:17-18, “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.”
Corinthians 6:1-8, “If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church! I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? But instead, one brother goes to law against another- and this in front of unbelievers! The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather bewronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.”
Matthew 5:23-24, “‘Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.’”
Matthew 18:15-20, “If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church,treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” ‘Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them.”
Romans 1:24-32, “Therefore, God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator- who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.”
Romans 12:1-2, “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
I Corinthians 6:9-20, “Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. ‘Everything is permissible for me’- but not everything is beneficial. ‘Everything is permissible for me’- but I will not be mastered by anything. ‘Food for the stomach and the stomach for food’- but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, ‘The two shall become one flesh.’ But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”
Ephesians 4:1-22, “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit- just as you were called to one hope when you were called- one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it says: ‘When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men.’(What does ‘he ascended’ mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow upinto him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind ofimpurity, with a continual lust for more. You, however, did not come to know Christ that way.”
Ephesians 5:3-5, “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there beobscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person- such a man is an idolater- has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.”
I Thessalonians 4:3-8, “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.”
2 Timothy 2:19-22, “Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”In a Large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
I Peter 1:15-16, “But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
I Peter 2:15-17, “For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.”
I John 3:1-3, “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyonewho has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.”
New International Version