Staff Augmentation: Senior ETL Developer
1) Translates data requirements into applications that employ appropriate data models and ETL solutions. Analyzes, defines, develops, and maintains complex database structures and ETL architectures and applications. Creates data flows and ETL models defining the data transformation needs of projects. Ensures effective and efficient utilization of ETL processes when accessing, integrating, and delivering data between systems.
2) Develops and implements data validation, auditing, reconciliation, testing methodologies, and integration processes. Coordinates with business/data analysts on data cleansing and data profiling activities to improve quality of data.
3) Works closely with DBA Team and Operations to establish ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework, including scheduling, error management, restartability, email notifications, and information publishing.
4) Develops and maintains accurate system documentation including information about attributes, lineage, and business rules. Assists in the gathering of metadata and maintenance of repositories and data dictionaries.
5) Helps set standards and complies with Bank and data governance policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations. Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding the security of financial data.
6) Works with IT groups to implement a disaster recovery and business continuance solutions for ETL processes, including the installation, configuration, and testing of software.
7) Participates in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural, and tactical plans for the Bank's data integration technologies. Conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the Bank, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the Bank.
8) Maintains understanding of data modeling and data integration technology trends and best practices and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units and IT; makes recommendations on buy vs. build decisions. Mentors Team members and is a technical resource on data integration and ETL technologies.
9) Provides periodic reports on activities, accomplishments, issues and their solutions, as well as assisting in forecasts of future utilization, tools, and resource requirements.
10) Ensures compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations.
11) Prefer to be knowledgeable in Data Warehousing and Change Data Capture lifecycles and methodologies. Performs modeling of data sources and flows and works with Data Services staff to identify, design, and implement data warehouse objects – star schemas, multidimensional tables, and BI Universes – using best practices. Designs and develops prototypes, data classifications, and database tables and views to aggregate data as required for reporting optimization
Date to Inquire about Opportunity: December 30, 2019