Trends in Bankruptcy Litigation: A Roundtable Discussion with the Hon. Vincent Papalia and the Hon. Robert E. Gerber
ABA Section of Litigation
Bankruptcy & Insolvency Litigation Committee
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
10:00-11:00 AM PT | 11:00 AM-12:00 PM MT | 12:00 -1:00 PM CT | 1:00-2:00 PM ET
A Roundtable discussion concerning a number of important issues in recent bankruptcy cases, including Sears and the winning bidder’s settlement with the PBGC, the UCC’s objection to the sale in Sears and the Court’s rulings with respect to the sale, events precipitating the Windstream bankruptcy filing, and a legislative update on small business bankruptcies. The panel will also discuss the “resurrections” of failed retailers, with examples from Toys R Us, Gymboree, and Charlotte Russe.
This program is a must for bankruptcy litigators and other practitioners looking to stay on the cutting edge of practice.
- Hon. Vincent Papalia, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, District of New Jersey
- Hon. Robert E. Gerber, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge (retired), Southern District of New York
- Michael Klein, Special Counsel, Cooley, LLP, New York, New York
- Curtis Miller, Partner, Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell, Wilmington, Delaware
- William S. Katchen, Esq., Law Offices of William S. Katchen, LLC, Florham Park, New Jersey (Moderator)