Thank you for your interest regarding Beacon Law's services. Before you continue with the application, we would like to note the legal issues with which we are able to assist and issues with which we cannot assist.
In general, our legal services include:
- ID Restoration including but not limited to resolving driver's license holds, replacement of immigration documents, and name change (for purposes of obtaining ID)
- Clearing Criminal History (expunctions and nondisclosures)
- Social Security Disability Appeals
- Limited Family Law (uncontested pro se divorce and child support modification)
- Housing Law including evictions
- Limited Wills & Estates (small estate affidavits, medical directives, medical and statutory powers of attorney, wills if you own real property)
We DO NOT assist with criminal representation above a Class C misdemeanor (i.e., traffic ticket), criminal appeals, contested divorces, child custody matters, protective orders, small claims and other lawsuits, employment discrimination, foreclosures, adjustment of immigration status, and the probate of wills or estates.
If you require assistance with these issues, you should contact Lone Star Legal Aid at (713) 652-0077 or Houston Volunteer Lawyers at (713) 228-0735.